Neck Pocket/Joint Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Pocket/Joint Question

Hey there people. I need to know if anyone happens to have the specs on the CX390/1 neck pockets.

A little story as to why: Mine needs a new body as the spot where the posts mount wore out, leading to play in the posts. I didn't really want to pay to have it repaired so I tried to dowel it myself and redrill, which didn't work because with the dowel, there as not enough room between the body cavity and where the post was, leaving to cracking and damage to the area between the post and body cavity. So in the meantime I went out and bought a cheap ESP LTD in the mean time.

Now they've gotten some other stuff squared away (vehicle, built a computer) I want to go back to this Charvel as I miss the unique feel of the neck. What I need to know is if anyone knows the neck pocket dimensions so I can get a new body for this guitar. The body was a Dinky body, so the neck should work with any Charvel/Jackson Dinky body, right? What about Fender bodies? I also need to make sure the body is for a 21/22 fret guitar right? Any others?

There also wouldn't happen to be anyway I could make a hole in the neck pocket to allow me to turn the truss rod bolt with the neck on the body is there (the neck is hass the trussrod adjustment at the butt of the neck, and tweaking it is a NIGHTMARE)?

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
    The body was a Dinky body, so the neck should work with any Charvel/Jackson Dinky body, right?
    Hi, I could be wrong but i suspect you may be mistaken here. I made the same assumption when buying a new neck for my RR. I figured "if it came off one Rhoads, surely it would fit another Rhoads" - only to find that the neck (and presumably the body it came off) had a slightly different contour to the body i wanted to use it on
    Be sure to check the contour of the innermost wall of the pocket (i.e. the one closest to the pickup) In my case, the width and depth were fine, but the rear wall of the pocket was flat while the butt of the neck has a curve to it, meaning a few slight mods were needed.

I guess what i'm saying is don't assume that just coz it says Dinky on it that it's gonna be that same as all other dinky's

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to be sure of that then when I pick one out.

Comment

Working...
      X