Anybody here with a Model 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here with a Model 1

If yes, what do you think about it? Is it a great player? How is the neck? Any newer guitars you want to compare it to?

I want a one hum guitar with a maple fretboard, and a Model 1 is one of the guitars I'm considering.

BTW, what is an ok price to pay for nice looking/mintish Model 1?

Thanks in advance.

Great guitars.
    [Edited for error!]

200 to 225 USD.
    Last edited by Cygnus X1; 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Model 1's to me have fat necks for chavels. The necks to me are like the DXMG necks. they are great players!

Comment

I have a model 1 and 2 model 1Cs. The maple necks on the ones I have are extremely comfortable but they're not overly thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          Model 1's to me have fat necks for chavels. The necks to me are like the DXMG necks. they are great players!
          +1
          I think my Model 1 neck feels exactly like my DXMG, and yes they are awesome players.
          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Thanks for all your advices! Never played a DXMG, so I don't know how the neck feels on that one, but I guess it can't be thicker than on my JJ2.

Comment

I used to have a Model 1 that I had fitted with a Schaller...it was a great guitar. Best neck I've ever played, and kicked ass with the SD distortion. I'd love another one.

When I got it new, it sounded and played fine bone stock, but I had to have a floyd. And I think the SD sounded more defined than the stock hum, but it wasn't bad by any means.

The simplicity of the guitar was beautiful. If you get one, you won't be disappointed.

Comment

I got a real nice one for 220 two years ago,but the guy did not
                pack it so well and it got damaged during shipping,the headstock
                was barley chiped found the peace of wood glued it back now you
                can't tell at all.and ups gave me 100$ back. Stuck a emg Its Been my
                workhorse from the on
                2009 black sl1 usa
                fire crackle 3dr dead mint(flawless!!)
                Burgundy mist model 3
                black model 1 emg
                black model 3 h/s/s
                2005 pointy charvel
                2009 black rr1

Comment

Working...
                X