Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler?

Hello,
    I have a Charvel #5 guitar with kahler, but I don't know how to string this thing. Is there any tutorial anywhere how to set this up?

Thanks

Welcome.
    Here is a link.

Now lets see pics of that axe.
    Last edited by Tricky; 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM.
    Models
    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
    I dont need furniture.
    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
    And rock that sucker.

Comment

There are a couple of videos on youtube by Gary Kahler the inventor of the trem.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hope it helps
      I'm just doing the best I can with my limited skills...

Comment

Thanks guys I figured it out but it's weird how to keep the ball in there while tightening it.

I'll try to get pics it's pretty sweet root beer kind of color and it feels really nice I know this thing is gonna shred. I got it cheap because the guy thought it didn't work but the jack wire just broke and the battery was dead hehe I didn't know but it was easy fix I thought it'd be something worse lol.

Comment

hehe spoke too soon. The third knob (tone) is jammed. I am guessing that is the knob you pull to activate the boost? Any idea what kind of pot that is so I can find a replacement? Thanks guys.

Comment

Model 5s dont have a preamp. Sure its not a model 6? The knobs for the preamps dont pull up. unless its after market. IIRC
            Gil

Comment

Well it's a model 5 and has active electronics in it so maybe it was after market but it's definitely a model 5. I guess I'll just change the pot.

Comment

The Model 5 did indeed have the JE-1200 midboost circuit. You need a 50k linear taper pot for the midboost level control. It's a normal pot, not a push-pull.

Comment

The third knob controls the mid boost and is not push pull.
                  Put a fresh battery in and then try it.Remember to unplug the guitar when you're done playing that will keep the battery from running down overnight.
                  First knob is vol second is tone third is mid boost sweep.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X