Charvel 750 XL value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 750 XL value

I don't know if this is allowed,but a very good friend of mine has just bought this guitar and would like to know what it's true value is

Any help would be great,makes a change for me to be posting in any other area than "Other guitars"

Thanks
    http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

that's a lovely looking guitar, something to aspire to

I could say what it's worth to ME, but since I don't have the readies, it's largely academic

Comment

Ebay completed listings will tell what people are willing to pay, but may or may not be an actual representation of the actual value.

BTW, that's an import Charvel, not a USA.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Ebay completed listings will tell what people are willing to pay, but may or may not be an actual representation of the actual value.
        From what I'm led to believe,this is a rare guitar,so might not show up on completed listings on Evilbay

BTW, that's an import Charvel, not a USA.
        Shows what I know of Charvels eh? LOL,hopefully a Mod will move it to the correct section for me,my apologies

Comment

Somewhere between $750 and $1000, with one or two occasionally going higher on eBay. I sold my cherryburst here for just under $800 back in Feb., and it was resold for $1k on eBay. Another one hit about $1200, iirc. The solid color 750XLs tend to fall at the lower end, since it was discovered that they are actually made of basswood, rather than mahogany with maple cap like the ones with a transparent finish. Here is a great source for more info:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm

Our own big 750XL info thread here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/556...rmation-Thread

Comment

Cool,thanks:-)

Comment

Hi Lorne, I saw this guitar over at the BC Rich Players forum also. The really interesting thing is that it was found thru the Barbara Mandrell estate sale and is in pretty minty condition. So it is quite the specimen for it's age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                Hi Lorne, I saw this guitar over at the BC Rich Players forum also. The really interesting thing is that it was found thru the Barbara Mandrell estate sale and is in pretty minty condition. So it is quite the specimen for it's age.
                Yeah,I didn't mention the lady,as,being a Limey,I have not got a bloody clue who she is LOL

Comment

There is one on the bay right now selling for $5K.

This one looks pretty mint so it would probably fetch a decent price. dg pretty much spelled it out for you.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Funny as she is a Country singer. I wonder if she bought it and planned to learn some Ratt or Dokken licks? hahah

Comment

Must be worth $5K, since that's what they are asking on ebay

I'd have a hard time paying over $750 knowing that the solid color models are basswood. But then again, I have one of the sunburst ones, so I really wouldn't be interested. Maybe I'd be willing to pay more if I didn't already have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
                        Funny as she is a Country singer. I wonder if she bought it and planned to learn some Ratt or Dokken licks? hahah
                        I have a Super 5 way, and the Full Shred set when split is very strat or tele sounding.

Comment

I wanna thank Lorne for posting this for me as I was having activation issues and couldn't post....as you can see ,I can now lol!

I need to know a proper value for insurance purposes.

there are no pic scratches,buckle rash,fret wear or even marks on the fretwire.Only one screw looks to be non original and thats the neck pup retaining ring.This guitar shines like new and even has a ng smell in the case (shocked)The trem bar doesn't even have wear from being inserted like they do even after a dozen installs.

also.....wheres a good spot here for an introduction thread????

Comment

That's just it, resale values are up and down. There's not a flood of them on the market like new guitars that sell for a given price. This one could be bid up to $350 tops or it could be bid up over $1000, there's no way to tell for sure.

The basswood issue has been blown waaaay out of proportion thanks to places like Hondo and Arbor using lower-quality basswood in the 80s. As with all things, there's good and bad. So many companies were using bad basswood (and thus able to get their inferior products to market cheaper) that basswood became synonymous with shit.

However, the vast majority of the Charvel Model models that everyone raves about were made of basswood, and I haven't heard anyone crying about lackluster tone from those.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The basswood issue has been blown waaaay out of proportion thanks to places like Hondo and Arbor using lower-quality basswood in the 80s. As with all things, there's good and bad. So many companies were using bad basswood (and thus able to get their inferior products to market cheaper) that basswood became synonymous with shit.

However, the vast majority of the Charvel Model models that everyone raves about were made of basswood, and I haven't heard anyone crying about lackluster tone from those.
                              If basswood is crap then Satriani must be the dumbest genius to ever hold a guitar lol!

Poplar,Basswood,Agathis all are good tonewoods that if not choked to death in polyester paint can be very warm and responsive imho.......they are just not appealing to the eye and painting them is almost a necessity.

I bought this guitar to flip originally but fell in love with it immediately and since I sold my minty model 2 I have been wanting a model 5,6 or 7 but never dreamed of picking this one up.

heres the deal..........I did not know what I was buying and the seller did not know what they were selling so I got it quite cheap.By my insurance......if I have no Idea what its worth then my insurance value is what the purchase ticket says so I need an accurate replacement value to present to my insurance co. quick until i can get it appraised which is once a year when I get them all done(that are new)

thanks guys for your input!

Comment

Working...
                              X