Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SATCH1967 View Post
    NEWC +1 350+ tops.
    Is is not a flame top nor the thicker body version of the flamtop 750's. Nice guitar, but the flame tops are more in=demand so called.
    You don't have a gold mine there with this import, but you do have a very nice guitar. congrat on it
    In the guitar business I have noticed that the most expensive (gold mine) guitars out there play like 2 tons of ass and I have absolutely no interest in them,as I collect vintage muscle cars and real estate for any real investment purposes.This guitar just "has it" and would be sorely missed if lost.Growing up in the 60's-70's My parents were religious watchers of a tv show called "Hee-Haw" and the Mandrell family of musicians were on it quite abit as well as a Mandrell sisters variety show so the Barbara Mandrell connection to this instrument actually means something to me........................Hard to believe that I ended up a major metalhead lol!!

Comment

I did some spring cleaning and messed up the pic links....sorry JJDK

Comment

BTW after all this time............I've put 100+ hours on it and the strings that came on it.I absolutely love this guitar and it hangs proudly on the wall.I have been very careful with it and have actually been reluctant to change anything on it.....but strings and actual full set up are an inevitability.

Comment

Mine's better

Comment

Pics or GTFO!
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
              Pics or GTFO!
              like the pics in #32?

very nice axe. Missing the original switch tip. The screw counters won't like that
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Mine's better
                Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                Pics or GTFO!
                Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                like the pics in #32?
                Gary, I think AG87 was asking for DonP's pics....
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  like the pics in #32?

very nice axe. Missing the original switch tip. The screw counters won't like that
                  I have the switch tip......the problem is that the top is so thick that it pops the switch tip off.So it stays in a plastic baggie in the case.

I later heard that this was a "gimmie" guitar to her husband by Charvel possibly with influence from Shawn Lane.If you look at the bridge,even to this day it has NEVER been intonated or the screws turned to do so except the 6th saddle which actually could of slipped forward...i don't know.The problem is no one remembers for sure how they got it other than it was given and they held on to it for over 13 years.

Comment

Only 1 has been sold on eBay in the past month or two. It sold for $1695 !

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Jack...item415cb66809
                      WW!!!!!

Even though the trans top mahogany bodies are more sought after ,according to most here,it shows that the model still commands good attention in the resale market

this one could of used a polish and better pics and still did very well.

Comment

Yes, I was talking about DonP's guitar.
                        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

It's worth noting that the one that "sold" for $1600+ had only one bid, which is usually an indication of something somewhat fishy, or at least that the dude who bought it had extra cash and didn't know what the guitar was truly worth. Most go for around $800-1000, don't they?

Comment

Guitar centers used site has a blue one for sale for 1500 right now.
                            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-Jack...item415cb66809
                              Mine's better than this one too.

Comment

And since you made me dig out all my photos, a pic of the amp.

Comment

Working...
                                X