When did the model prices go up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did the model prices go up?

Im a bit confused at the prices I see on Ebay now. I havent had a model that I sold or bought in a few years but just picked up one that I dont really plan to keep in a package deal.

When did the prices jump or are there just a bunch of ebay idiots on there? Im getting a 375 with bound neck tday in a group deal and in my mind it wasnt worth more than 250-300 with an HSC?

If its worth the ebay prices the halfstack and extra guitar im getting in this deal are more than free.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Really worth less than that. eBay idiots are out of control on Model series prices.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I've noticed the Model series prices are all over the place so it's tough to gauge worth. In this case, I would think you are in the ballpark for a 375. Are you sure it's a 375? I think only the 475s had binding. Same body style but with three control knobs due to the mid-boost like in a model 4. Can you post a photo? 475s are worth more and I would guess in decent condition with a case around $400 to $450.

Comment

Its a 475 after getting it here a few ago. Its bastardized but could be a fun road worn beater. The neck has dents which I may strip and steam out. The rest of the neck fretwise etc is in great shape.

I got that axe, a squire, 2 hard cases, a line 6 150 head, and a 4/12 line 6 cab, and FBV Express board for 300
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

sheez, that is a great deal! Post some pics of your haul if you have some time.

Comment

HM Strats used to average $400, but then they jumped to $600. A few still slip by at less then $400.

Prices are crazy.

Comment

The Charvels with bound necks...even those sold with the neck alone command a premium on ebay, from what I've seen.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

80's shredders man, they are coming up on the 25 year mark! We're talking valuable, vintage, investment-grade guits! I keep telling myself that as I buy more...

Comment

375's don't have binding.
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Really worth less than that. eBay idiots are out of control on Model series prices.
                    No...actually it's the market at work. eBay is capitalism at it's finest.

Maybe worth less to YOU, but evidently you aren't in the majority anymore.

Comment

You show me a Model 4 that actually sells for $1k and then I'll agree with you.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        No...actually it's the market at work. eBay is capitalism at it's finest.
                        at ITS finest

No apostrophe there, bud.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

at ITS finest

No apostrophe there, bud. [/QUOTE]

at its finest

No caplocks there, bud : )
                          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Learn how to quote there, bud.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Learn how to quote there, bud.
                              I need to find someone thats worth "Quoting" there, bud : )

Can't say your the one : ))
                              Last edited by john.w.lawson; 09-19-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X