model 4a questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 4a questions

hi guys. scored a mint 4a and have a few questions...

i know i know. il post pics as soon as i can.. promise. im posting from my phone..

i noticed the model 4 has an angled neck pocket to make provision for the jt6. Anyone know what the angle is? seems quite steep.. 6 or 7 degs by looks of things..

next thing.. any wiring diagrams floating about? want to replace a volume pot and all the wires gave me the shivers..

oh.. and will a fresh battery significantly accentuate the midboost feature? seems a bit like a tone knob as is

thanks

Yeah a new battery might help. Just searched the website for wiring for a Model 6 , its basically the same. I love my 4A, but i don't care too much for the midboost system. I am not saying its bad, i just dont really like the tone i get from them. I'm replacing my pups with Dimarzios.

Comment

Originally posted by maluco View Post
      i noticed the model 4 has an angled neck pocket to make provision for the jt6. Anyone know what the angle is? seems quite steep.. 6 or 7 degs by looks of things..
      It's about 4 degrees.

Comment

Try some switch cleaner on the po before you yank it.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Some of this stuff from Rat Shack has worked wonders on the volume pot on my M4 in the past...works just like new.

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...20cleaner&sr=1
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

thanks folks

Comment

Working...
            X