Model 3a inbound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3a inbound

I've been trying to buy this guitar from Guitar Center Denver for over a week, but there has been all sorts of technical difficulties. Yesterday I went to my local Guitar Center and had them buy it from the Denver store. I just got confirmation that the guitar is in fact mine now! I've been to a few Guitar Centers and most of them have been crap, but for some reason my local store is consistently awesome. They've had the same employees for a few years now and they're very knowledgeable.

RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

I like the other one better with the matching headstock and covered pickups.

My GC just never has anything worth buying. Same with my Sam Ash.

Comment

Nice geetar!
      I agree with DonP. My local stores suck balls.
      They never have anything remotely exciting.

Comment

The one with the matching headstock was stained, it turns out. It was also 29,000 yen and the store wouldn't sell it to me unless I spent over 50,000 yen.
        My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

If I were to replace the pots on this thing, what pots should I have installed? I've never changed pots on a metal guitar before.

Comment

If you don't want to drill out the pot holes, look for Alpha pots from Stew Mac. 500K is fine.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              If you don't want to drill out the pot holes, look for Alpha pots from Stew Mac. 500K is fine.
              If you do drill them out, you can use CTS pots.

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
                If I were to replace the pots on this thing, what pots should I have installed? I've never changed pots on a metal guitar before.
                What does the type of music have to do with the pots?

It's simple. If the guitar sounds good, don't mess with it.

If it's bright and edgy, you can try a lower value pot but don't expect miracles. I wouldn't go lower than 250K, and if you have 250K in there now, you can't do much but change pickups.

If it's a tad dark use a larger value like 500K up to 1Meg. Don't expect changing pots to turn a dark Invader into a bright JB.

Comment

Working...
                X