Anticipating the arrival of my Model 3a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anticipating the arrival of my Model 3a

Is there anything I am going to be disappointed about since I've been a 550xl all this time? I'm taking into account that the 3a is not 24 frets, doesn't have the same bridge, and is a bolt on. Other than that, is it going to feel/respond the same? The J80c pickups are almost as hot as the J90c on the 550xl, which I love.

I have to find something to do while I wait for this guitar to arrive. Every thread I open on this forum makes me more anxious!
    RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
    My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

You know what? Last night I found out my USA BC Rich ST-III is awesome for playing Savatage. Just thought I'd share that.

Comment

I'd be disappointed with a neck through, personally, so there's no way I can predict whether or not a guitar you've never played before is going to disappoint you.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

It's going to feel very different than the 550. You may love it & you may hate it. That's what makes life interesting. I love my neckthroughs, my set-necks, and my bolt-ons all for different reasons. Some people like variety, some have one favorite type and that's it.

Comment

Working...
        X