Single coils that fit a Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single coils that fit a Charvel

i have an older model with the single coil routes that dont have enough space for most singles. Any suggestions? I was running EMGs and just pulled them out so I'm looking for something passive.

Seymour Duncan SSL-3 Hot, SSL-5 and a couple others come without the "tang". You can also special order any of their singles without them.

Comment

Some of the newer Duncans without the lip, like the Hot Rails & Cool Rails, still have the wires coming out of the middle of the pickup, and it's very stiff with the insulation & shielding.

SCR-1.jpg

When I put a Hot Rails in my Model 6, I still had to use a Dremel to make a small undercut to give enough relief for the wires to be able to make the bend comfortably. You can't see the mod at all from the top of the guitar.

This thread has a great tutorial w/ pics on how to mod a lipped single to make it fit:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/649...be-suggestions

Comment

I remember putting a Dimarzio single in my old Model 4 years ago. I can't remember the model but it was supposed to be close to an original 50s Fender. It fit.

Comment

If you buy any dimarzio it'll be easy to cut the little lip.
          I've had a Virtual solo in the neck for almost a here - now I'm moving over a Bill Lawrence L45 - the only mini humbucker AlnicoV which will fit I guess.

Comment

You can also special order any Dimarzio without the "tang". They're pretty much all available, and special orders only take a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
            X