floyd rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd rose

my friend gave me a licensed floyd that says charvel it looks like the ones on a 375 475 its a made in germany trem, will this work on a model two as a jt6 replacement.:think:

Its a jt570

Comment

It should work, but it's only a single-locking trem and won't hold tune as well as the JT6.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey T.J your saying keep the jt6 then ,

Comment

Yep, I'd keep the JT6 or get an OFR.

Comment

I've had a Charvel... with ''Made in Germany''and schaller logo under. It came on my model 4. It was a dual locking trem.

Jt590 I think. Is it possible he has the same?

Comment

If you can get a set if saddles cheap it'll be good. The saddles from a JT-590 will work on it. Grab a set of saddles and make it a double locker.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

I actually have saddles from an old schaller. Came off a model 5. The baseplate knive edges are ruined, but everything else was good. I just dont have the block anymore

Comment

I am intrested tell me more.I dont hate the jt6 but i know there made with cheap metal.

Comment

Sick string, I'm just throwing this out there as a possibility: are you 100% sure it's a JT-570 and not a JT-590? I'm only asking because it's easy to make that mistake and then everyone takes it as fact from that point on in the thread. Does it have locking saddles like a regular floyd (590) or do you feed the strings through squared off tubes running under the fine tuners that open up at the saddles (570)?

I don't mean any offense, but I just think we should be sure before offering advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                      I've had a Charvel... with ''Made in Germany''and schaller logo under. It came on my model 4. It was a dual locking trem.

Jt590 I think. Is it possible he has the same?
                      He did say JT570 which is the single-locking model, but maybe he got the model # wrong and means JT590.
                      I'm not really even sure if the JT570 said "Made In Germany" on it. I had an original single-locking Floyd Rose II from a Kramer 600ST (pretty much the same as the JT570) that didn't have any German-made stamp on it, it was just cheap.

Comment

nope the string feeds through a tube inthe back

Comment

Itsays made in germany by shcaller and it says charvel ,i looked at audio zone and matched it to the 570
                          Last edited by sick string; 11-18-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Sounds like it came off of a Charvette.

Comment

What did the charvettes come with

Comment

Working...
                              X