Need Help Identifying this Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying this Charvel

Charvel noob here, need help to identify this charvel some dude is selling.im interested because i think this would be a great guitar project (well at least it depends on your opinion)

EDIT:
    It has a Toothpaste logo, The Forum wouldnt show the whole picture

as you can see it has EMGs (bridge is "designed" and neck has an active one :think

I also need some info on the bridge. The dude says it has "charvel" and some other written on the tremolo baseplate (he cant read it) :think:

here some pics of the bridge:

Is this a good deal for 100 dollars?
    thx in advance
    Last edited by samskie; 01-05-2011, 10:13 AM.

yes if the frets are good! the bridge is a schaller floyd, nice bridge worth about a 100 by its self!
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

thanks for your input, although i still dont know that model this guitar really is, and im not quite sure about the schaller tremolo, i kinda thought it was jt-580 takeuchi (not really sure though)

Comment

The bridge is a JT-580 Takeuchi, so good call (http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...t.htm#jt580tak).
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Right off the bat, I don't know what the guitar is. Looks loke a mutt. Neck possibly from a 275 or 375:

275 Deluxe 1989
          $600 Basswood Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 22 Dot white HS J90C • J100 JT-6 chrome

275 Deluxe 1990-91
          $600 Basswood Maple Rosewood Bolt-on 22 Dot white HS
          JT-570

375 Deluxe 1989-91
          $785 BW opt.flame t+b Maple Maple or RW Bolt-on 22 Dot B/W HSS J90 • J100 • J100 JT-590

Henrik

Comment

thanks for your input jackson1
            what's a mutt?
            what's confusing me in this guitar is that it doesnt have that scalloped neck heel and the weird controls placement. :think:

I forgot, the owner says its pretty heavy, which again confuses me, i dont find basswood bodies too heavy and im a medium sized guy :think: and the Pickups (the bridge one) he personally swapped that in.
            Last edited by samskie; 01-05-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

A mutt is a guitar built from parts of others. This may be one, just not sure yet. Really, there is nothing wrong with a mutt, as long as the seller is up front and honest about it. Then you have to ask yourself, "Is it worth it to me?"
              Good price for it though. Case too?
              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

In my opinion, this appears to be a 'parts' guitar or Mutt as indicated above. A Mutt is a guitar assembled from parts of different guitars. The body looks like a refinished JS series Jackson but the scale looks correct in the photos for the 22 fret neck.

Have you had a chance to play it? Some of my best players are mutts. For a good player, I would happily pay $100 even if it is a parts guitar.

As an investment, $100 seems reasonable. These are just rough estimate prices on the parts but as John stated above, the parts alone are worth over $100 if you wanted to part it out (Neck = $75-100, Neck plate = $10-25, Trem = $25-50, Pickups = $25-75, Tuners = $15-25, Body = $25-75).

Comment

JCF brothers taking good care of Charvel newbie
                  Henrik

Comment

More like a "super newbie" - he didn't know what a mutt was...
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                      JCF brothers taking good care of Charvel newbie
                      Yeah! Thanks a lot JCF dudes!

Although I have to say I may not be getting this guitar because a near-mint neck-thru Grover Jackson came up that sells a little over $200 dollars, and its still negotiable.

Comment

Sounds like a no-brainer.
                        Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                          Sounds like a no-brainer.
                          Or a dis-honest salesman... I sense BS...
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X