Charvel model 2 with Kahler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model 2 with Kahler

Hi everyone. This is my first post and i'm hoping someone can help me and I am sure this has been discussed before but I cant find a posting so here it goes
    I have a 1986 Charvel model 2 with a Kahler 2500. I dont really want to upgrade to the Kahler 2710 but I really dont know my options. I have heard that a Wilkinson will fit but know one knows what model it is and I cant afford to buy something if it doesnt work. This is my favorite guitar and im sure that im not the only person to deal with this. Anyone have any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

I got a great deal on a NOS 2710 so Kahler it is. It weighs 1.7 pounds and is made of solid steel. It should last a lifetime. By the way, if anyone is interested, there is a wilkinson that has a 2 3/16th post spacing and it will work. You just have to plug and redrill for a different size posts but its the same spacing. Just for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherokee View Post
      I dont really want to upgrade to the Kahler 2710 but I really dont know my options. I have heard that a Wilkinson will fit but know one knows what model it is and I cant afford to buy something if it doesnt work.
      This doesn't sound too smart.

Comment

I got a great deal on a NOS 2710 so Kahler it is. It weighs 1.7 pounds and is made of solid steel. It should last a lifetime.
        This sounds very smart. I have 2 Kahler Killer's sitting here just waiting for a good price on a 1986 Model 2 or 3.

Comment

By the way, if anyone is interested, there is a wilkinson that has a 2 3/16th post spacing and it will work. You just have to plug and redrill for a different size posts but its the same spacing. Just for future reference.
          Nope, not interest.

Oh, and Welcome

Comment

Send me the 2500 if you don't want it.
            I'm with DonP the kahler killer's are a great trem.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think i'll put the 2500 on ebay for parts. They seem to be pretty sought after and its in pretty decent condition.

Comment

If you love the guitar, I would go ahead and have it modified to take a Floyd and ditch the Kahler stuff.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

GUess what

I can sell you my Kahler 2500 on ebay. its in perfect condition and has never been used on a guitar yet!

Comment

Gotta love newbie's that just go along and ignore the rules of the forum eh?

Comment

I don't know that Thatguywhosellsstuff is going to be around for long....
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL. Should change to Thatguythatjoinsaforumandignorestherulesthengetshi sassbannedwiththefirstpost

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                          LOL. Should change to Thatguythatjoinsaforumandignorestherulesthengetshi sassbannedwiththefirstpost
                          LOL, i've posted here before, just not in this account. I don't care is this account gets banned

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguywhosellsstuff View Post
                            I don't care is this account gets banned
                            I'm pretty sure we figured that out.

Comment

looks like he got his wish!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X