Model 6 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 questions

Some have a s/n decal on the headstock. Mine has it engraved at the end of the fretboard.

Does this tell the year?

I thought the earlier ones with Kahlers had the sticker on the headstock and the ones with the JT6 Floyd got the serial on the fretboard, but I could be mistaken.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mine's a JT-6. I thought I saw a JT-6 one on the bay with a decal...here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

has a decal and is a JT-6, so some overlap?

Comment

That's the first I've seen with that. Mine ('87) has JT6, Kahler style lock, even that color, and it's on the fretboard. Actually the only ones I thought had the sn on the back was Model 5's.. Hmmm..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Mine is an 88 (C607106) with a Kahler and it has a decal on the back of the headstock, like the one in the ebay link.

Comment

Some of the decals are on the 87's with the JT-6. I had a model 5 like that and have seen quite a few others.

Comment

Mine is an 88 (C607106) with a Kahler and it has a decal on the back of the headstock, like the one in the ebay link.
              your's is an 86. the 6 right after the C is the year. 86 is also the only year with kahlers.

I thought they didn't switch until the contemporary charvels.:think:

Comment

I've had 2 Model 6's, both had the JT-6 so I'd think they were both from 1987.
                One had the sticker on the back of headstock, the other (my keeper) has the fretboard stamp.
                I think DonP is right - there was overlap in going from the sticker to the stamp sometime in '87.

Comment

Yep early 87's (built and assembled partly in '86) did indeed have the JT-6 and the back of the headstock serial number sticker as opposed to the stamped s/n on the fretboard.
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                  X