helping identify my charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helping identify my charvel

I bought this about 3 yrs ago from a man wher i worked and cant find any info on it.
    Last edited by darkshredder; 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM.

87 or 88 Model 6.

HEAVILY modified.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      87 or 88 Model 6.

HEAVILY modified.
      there is no sign of any ones tampering. I have M6 I found on ebay and the electrics go in from the back

Comment

Filling in the electronics cavity is pretty simple. All you need it the right size piece of wood and some glue.
        It's obvious that the whole guitar was refinished as Charvel never offered that paint job on any Model series guitar.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Filling in the electronics cavity is pretty simple. All you need it the right size piece of wood and some glue.
          It's obvious that the whole guitar was refinished as Charvel never offered that paint job on any Model series guitar.
          there is definete NO refinishing. Paint looks like 1st paint job. and NO filling in of wood under the pickups guard. It has a Jackson tremolo on it like my M6 model to

Comment

I like how you ask for help identifying your axe, then argue with everyone about what they're saying about it ^

I haven't ever seen a finish like that on a Charvel. It's neck through, Jackson JT-6 Trem, bound fretboard, Jackson Active p'ups...appears to
            be a Model Series Import from Japan...Model 6 is what I'd say too...

Maybe get some better headstock pics...but that won't matter if you keep shooting down suggestions from people trying to help you.
            Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
            Peavey 6505mh
            Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

I have a completely refinished and modified Model 6 that you couldn't difinitively say was a Model 6 or refinished without knowing about it http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...xes/Model%206/ . And Budman's (Dave from fretsonthenet) is way better than mine http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/sb/c...oration-01.htm . A good job on a refinish should be un-noticeable.

And sorry.. I just love showing them!!
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I'm going to step in for the newb here...

That is actually a signature model for one of the guitarists in Seikimatsu, a Japanese heavy metal band.

It was probably not introduced in the US market. The OP's location is in Sweden, and I'm surprised that these made it out to Europe, as I had believed it to be a Japan market only model.

Hope this helps,
                -QR
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

It appears for just a second right at 1:05 in this video. It may show up again later, but I stopped right there...

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    It appears for just a second right at 1:05 in this video. It may show up again later, but I stopped right there...

Well played!

That definately answers his question without a doubt!

That video is freaking hilarious. I wish I could understand what they were singing.

Cool looking axe. Really unique.

Cheers,
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CMH (OH) View Post
                      Well played!

That definately answers his question without a doubt!

That video is freaking hilarious. I wish I could understand what they were singing.

Cool looking axe. Really unique.

Cheers,
                      Chris
                      +1 Cool axe and videos.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                        I'm going to step in for the newb here...

That is actually a signature model for one of the guitarists in Seikimatsu, a Japanese heavy metal band.

It was probably not introduced in the US market. The OP's location is in Sweden, and I'm surprised that these made it out to Europe, as I had believed it to be a Japan market only model.

Hope this helps,
                        -QR
                        Wow, I cant thank you enough Quantum

Comment

No problem darkshredder.

The guitarist's stage name is "Ace Shimizu". Perhaps google will help you find more info about your guitar.
                          Last edited by QuantumRider; 01-13-2011, 10:51 AM.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Just watched the rest of the video. Some great playing, and I loved loved that jazz break!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              Just watched the rest of the video. Some great playing, and I loved loved that jazz break!
                              Yeah, the OP's guitar is the "jazz" guitar and the firecrackle it the "rock" guitar

Comment

Working...
                              X