No announcement yet.

helping identify my charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this forum. I was ready to pile on the OP too with the modded 6 ID until I saw QR's post. Awesome knowledge being dropped here.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
      I love this forum. I was ready to pile on the OP too with the modded 6 ID until I saw QR's post. Awesome knowledge being dropped here.
      Me too... learn something new everyday.
      -Rick

Comment

Thanks, QR! Always cool to learn about a good player you hadn't heard of. Lots of older videos on youtube if you look for "Seikima II", and newer stuff with his fusion band "Face to Ace". In the oldest one I saw, he has an Aria (I think) that's just like the Charvel. Looks like he's with Caparison now, and his sig models still have the black stripe around the body edges.

Comment

The guitar in the video has a Fender style jack.

Comment

That video was awesome...the Batman style "Zonk" fight scene...the giant robot slipping on the banana peel....so cheesy.....and fan-freakin'-tastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
              The guitar in the video has a Fender style jack.
              There are two models/versions used in the video.

Ace with the striped sides, normal jack input and sharkfin inlays:

Ace(?) with a non-striped, Fender-style jack input and dot inlays:

Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

I see, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                  The guitarist's stage name is "Ace Shimizu".
                  Japanese insight by our QuantumRider.

Thanks! Now I know a bit more about this guy Ace. He is in the 1993 GJ cat as well:
                  Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by Model4 View Post
                    Jackson Active p'ups
                    Jackson has NEVER made active pickups.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      jackson has never made active pickups.
                      Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

The guy with the hat is the other guitarist, Luke Takamura. Ace is the dude playing the Gibson ES-335 in the jazz club.

I watched this video for the first time after seeing it linked on this thread. A boozing 8 year old boy, dancing bums, and robot ninjas... What more could you ask for in a music video?
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                          A boozing 8 year old boy, dancing bums, and robot ninjas... What more could you ask for in a music video?
                          Chuck Norris?
                          Henrik

Comment

Chuck Norris fighting the dancing bums, robot ninjas and 8-year-old boy?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Please don't tell Chuck that I had forgotten that he is necessary in every music video.

If he finds out, he may roundhouse kick me into the future where I will be transformed into a robot ninja, after which he will travel in time to kick my ass all over again!
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Just watched a few more Seikima II videos. All awesomely cheesy, and every one of the dudes can bring it, especially the singer!

Comment

Working...
                                X