Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for Charvel 475 deluxe

Hi all!!
    Im' newbie and I find this special forum about jackson/charvel guitar!
    I bought a Charvel 475 deluxe last december and I'd like to know if it's possible find the wiring diagram!
    It is a used 475 and the past owner had changed the original pickup sets with 2 hot rails and one JB seymour-duncan pickup.
    It was removed the mid-check boost and now the guitar have one volume and one tone control.
    I'd like to check the wiring with original diagram
    Many thanks
    Kind regards
    Massimo

Am I to assume that you do NOT have the original Mid Boost? if so you can just wire it like a standard Strat with one master volume and two tones. You could adapt that standard wiring to make the furthest tone pot work for the bridge pickup only and have the middle tone pot control the two single coils if you liked.

Something like this should get you started...

Strat style guitar wiring diagram with three single coils, 5-way lever switch, 1 volume, 2 tones. Typical standard Fender Stratocaster guitar wiring with master volume plus 1 neck tone control and one middle pickup tone control. Please Note: This guitar wiring diagram is property of GuitarElectronics.com Inc. The contents of this diagram in whole or part are copyrighted and published for personal use only. Unauthorized use or republication is a prohibited. Click diagram image to open/view full size version.   Ready to get started? Don't forget the Wire, Solder, Shielding & Supplies. Copyright© GuitarElectronics.com LLC. Unauthorized replication is prohibited.

You can them choose what tone pot controls what pickup based on where you have it leave the 5-way switch.

As well do not forget the following advice in case the previous owner wired things wrong...

All Seymour Duncan humbuckers with four-conductor hookup wires incorporate a standard wire color code.

GREEN = start of adjustable/south coil
    RED = finish of adjustable/south coil
    BLACK = start of stud/north coil
    WHITE = finish of stud/north coil

For standard series humbucking operation on a 4-Conductor wired humbucker the White & Red wires are soldered together and taped; Green is ground and Black is Hot Output. The bare wire is always grounded.

"Buona fortuna e ci tengono distaccato!"
    Last edited by vklobucar; 02-01-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for your reply and your help.

Am I to assume that you do NOT have the original Mid Boost?
      No I've the MId Boost PCB with 9V battery inside on my guitar, but It was removed the pot which start the circuit.
      I try to disconnect the battery and the guitar is muted, and I have only 1 pot for volume and one for the tone.
      I don't know if it's possible to activate the MId Boost with seymour duncan pickup or I should replace with original pickups...
      Anyway... many thanks for your link

Massimo

Comment

Working...
      X