No announcement yet.

Any hope of finding a HSC for my 750xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hope of finding a HSC for my 750xl?

Been looking and looking any options that fit besides the original chainsaw case?
    750XL Cherry Sunburst
    375DX Metallic black
    Model 2 blue
    Model 2 Red
    USA Candy Apple Red San Dimas
    USA Slime Green San Dimas
    MIJ ProMod Candy Blue San Dimas
    Gibson Les Pauls
    PRS SC-250

Why not get a G&G or Gator? It won't be form fitting, but should work.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

G & G Just made a Soloist case (in January) for one of my 750xl's and it didn't cost any more than a standard production case. It is $150. for the standard black on black or $190. for the configuration below. The turn around is 2-3 weeks and you get to choose the interior, exterior, hardware, a complete custom case. Here are a couple pics

Comment

Originally posted by Axe24 View Post
        That looks just like mine except for the pickups. I have a Mayhem set at first but settled on a Full Shred set. What do you have in yours? I'd guess an X2N in the bridge? I found the Mayhem set to just have too much output with this guitar so I backed it down with the Full Shred set. I've almost thought of taking it down another notch and maybe going with a PAF set, but the Full Shred sound very nice.
        Mine is wired with a Mega 5 way E switch, so that I can split the coils, and the tone is a push/pull for phase reversal.

Comment

Here ya go, it's not gray though. Is the original gray?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-DINKY-RE...item3f0772cfff

Comment

my bad, you said besides the chainsaw. sorry

Comment

Nice, will the G&G case support the neck properly? I have tried Gator cases and while the guitar will fit, the problem has been the body and neck are not supported properly where the neck goes into the body. In other words, the case is putting pressure on the neck. I have tried Soloist cases and they don't fit either. If that G&G case supports the entire neck and body then I would love to pick one up. I would also love to find an original chainsaw Charvel case butt there is no way to tell whether it's a case for a flat to body vs the arch top of the 750. My poor 750 has had to sit on a stand with a cover over it. That's just a shame considering what an awesome guitar it is.
              750XL Cherry Sunburst
              375DX Metallic black
              Model 2 blue
              Model 2 Red
              Gibson Les Pauls
              PRS SC-250

Comment

How about you forget the case a give me the 750xl

Comment

That G&G case looks great. I guess I never thought about them. I have one that came with a San Dimas. My Predator chainsaw case is absolutly a piece of barf. Latches are all nasty and rusted, one is broken off. I'm sure there is a way they could do one for the reverse headstock models.

Comment

The G & G case is a perfect fit for the instrument. It has proper neck support so that the headstock isnt crunched up against the bottom of the case, or crunched up against the top. My case above is period correct to the ones sold with the instrument back in 1988-90. I have an original case from 1989 to compare my new one too and it is spot on. Hope this helps.

Axe24

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I drove over to the G&G factory in LA last Monday and I am having them make me a custom case. I went with the std black outside and the fancy black velvet inside. I also had them make the inside form fitted so is has it custom fits the shape of the body. It cost $250 it should be ready in 2 wks, I have to bring my 750 back for a final fitting when it's done. Mine cost a bit more as I have a tremelo bridge which sits higher so the case needs to be deeper to fit.

Can't wait!
                      750XL Cherry Sunburst
                      375DX Metallic black
                      Model 2 blue
                      Model 2 Red
                      Gibson Les Pauls
                      PRS SC-250

Comment

Wow, you are really going all the way with this. Is it for your Trans Cherry Sunburst? Black velvet would be a cool background for that.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yes, it's for my Trans Cherry Sunburst, actually my only 750xl. It one of my favorite guitars that I would never part with. It plays great and sound awesome, right up there with my PRS and Gibsons. I have had it for about 3 yrs, came with no case. It has a couple very small chips in the clear finish, but nothing that hit the wood. It's in unbeliveable shape for going 22 year without a case. You can't see a scratch on it unless you look at the right angle with the right light. This guitar deserves a good case, I think it will really pop with the black velvet.

Here's a picture.
                          750XL Cherry Sunburst
                          375DX Metallic black
                          Model 2 blue
                          Model 2 Red
                          Gibson Les Pauls
                          PRS SC-250

Comment

Oh yeah, flame!
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by titan7 View Post
                              I also had them make the inside form fitted so is has it custom fits the shape of the body. It cost $250 it should be ready in 2 wks, I have to bring my 750 back for a final fitting when it's done. Mine cost a bit more as I have a tremelo bridge which sits higher so the case needs to be deeper to fit.
                              So will your case support the whole length of the neck like the chainsaw cases? This sounds very enticing!
                              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                              X