Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"What pick ups have you got in your Model 6?" Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What pick ups have you got in your Model 6?" Discussion Thread!

Bridge: EMG 81
    Middle: Stock but made dead
    Neck: EMG SA

How do you find the tone?
    Did the S/C swap out get good output replacing stacked humbuckers?

This should be fun and very informative

I find the EMG 81 gives off that "EMG 81" tone but im interested to hear about other humbuckers that give the tone of the guitar instead.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

seymour duncan hot rails in the neck no middle and a tonezone in the bridge.
    great tone out of this combo.

Comment

Duncan Custom in the bridge, stock J200 middle (lowered out of the way), Hot Rails neck. I've tried it with & without the midboost and it sounds great both ways, but if it was my only guitar I'd probably go without, because even with the boost turned down, it adds some compression that I wouldn't always want. The Hot Rails gives me about the best high-gain tone I've ever gotten from a neck pickup, but sometimes I think about putting a true single in there for more versatility.

It's funny... I hadn't played it much over the last couple of years, but I brought it out around Christmas and I haven't touched my others much since then. Without a doubt, the best guitar for the money I've ever had.
      Last edited by dg; 02-12-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

My model6 is stock, but in my soloist i had a D-activator x at the bridge, a cool rail at the middle and a hot rail at the neck. Id say dont go with the dimarzio at the bridge. Maybe a screamin demon? Good/bad tone is so subjective but i liked the tones i had at m and n. Nice cleans.

Comment

Swapped for passives.

Bareknuckle Ceramic Nailbomb in the bridge, 2 Bareknuckle Irish Tours.

Unreal.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Duncans.... JB, Duckbucker, Little '59. 1 vol, 5-way rotary switch, no tone. Vol is push/pull, pull to split coils on all 3 pups. Great strat tone when split. Push/pull took a shit so I have a Custom I may try in place of the JB when I replace the pot.

Just to throw it out there, I have 3 guitars that are all about the same (M6, Soloist Pro, Soloist Custom - all HSS). Pro has a Custom and Little '59 (no middle) but will soon be 81, S, SA. The Custom has Dimarzio SD and SDS-1 (no middle). I like them all for different reasons/sounds/moods...
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Emg 85-sa-s

shred monster!!!!
              John 3:16

Comment

I have two. Both have J200 singles still in 'em. Changed the bridge 'buckers. Super distortion in one of them, I think, a Jackson J80 (again not sure!) I think in the other. SD is very rich and midrangey. The J80 SIZZLES. Love that guitar, but don't use it much! (prefer my Vigier and Socal)
                Last edited by wanthairspray; 02-13-2011, 08:04 AM.
                http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

I'm running a Duncan Custom (TB-5) in the bridge, Lil '59 in middle, and JB Jr in neck. I've never used tone controls, so I wired each pup to it's own push-pull volume, and individual switch.
                  I'm on the bridge pup 99% of the time... The SD Custom seems like the perfect pickup for my M6.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    stock J200 middle (lowered out of the way)
                    I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. I drop those down until they bottom out, or my pick hits it like a baseball card in spokes!

Comment

I'm changing my bridge to a SD RTM (love the Warren sound) and can't decide on the neck and middle yet. Great idea on separate volumes no tones.

Comment

1 stock.

1 with a J80C instead of the J50BC.

Comment

I've got a dimarzio breed in the bridge of mine and dimarzio and Choppers in the mid and neck
                          but that BK combo sounds intriguing.
                          I've used a Nailbomb before but only in a 7 string.
                          hm..................
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I decided to do a full conversion to an OFR with the SD custom shop RTM in the bridge and two SD stk-s4 in the neck and middle. I'm pulling the mid boost for an EMG afterburner.

Comment

I've got an OFR on my 6 as well
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X