CX592 tremolo Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX592 tremolo Replacement

I have a CX592 (strathead) that has what looks like a CH-120 single locking tremolo, i just wanted to find out if an OFR will fit the the stock post spacing.

edit: the trem is apparently a JT280
    Last edited by dimefan90; 02-20-2011, 04:23 AM.

The best thing to do is measure the post spacing, center to center, and compare that to floyd rose spec, which is 2 29/32" (2.91") or 73.9mm.

Comment

Short answer - won't fit.

Long answer - wrong post spacing. The post spacing of the JT280 is 2 3/4"

I have a CX592 also, and have investigated this very subject. I have not found another trem with the same post spacing as the JT280, and have blocked the trem with a piece of wood so it won't move.
      A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

I know there are trems that will fit because i have seen a few pics around the web where they have different double locking trems and dont appear to have modded trem posts.

Comment

I'd really like to see one of those guitars in the flesh to see how it was done. The trem on the white one looks like a floyd or a licenced version, but the trems on the black and the red ones I don't recognise.

I just found the ebay auction for the red one. For those playing along at home, here's another view of the non-standard trem. Any one got any ideas what it actuall is? I've never seen a Floyd like it.

Comment

I contacted the seller of the red one and he told me that it was all original.. whether he actually believes that or is lying i dont know.

he says there are no modifications but doesnt know what type of tremolo it is.

Comment

That trem on the red is not original. It doesn't match the route on the body.

I also emailed the seller and asked what the writing on the trem was, hoping for a brand name there, but it was only the "Licensed Under Floyd Rose Pats" stamp.

Here's a pic of the JT280 on my CX592:

Comment

Mine is the same, except it has hex screws instead of phillips because i changed the studs when the original block split and i bought a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X