Loving the So Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving the So Cal

So I've had my first Charvel, a Pro-mod So Cal in Ferrari Red, for a couple of weeks now, and I am loving it.

The neck feels fantastic and I love the possibilities with the tone of the pickups and being able to clean up the sound very nicely with the volume knob. It's being paired up with a new Blackstar HT Stage 100 into a Marshall 1960A cab and it is tonegasmic.

I can't wait to see what Charvel is going to do next and I'm so glad that the company has been revived and is doing well.

Thumbs up, baby! It's all gravy from here now that you've been sucked into Charvel world!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I have heard nothing but good about the new Charvel models. People love them! Plus the prices are not too bad at all. I am also eager to see what they will do next, they seem to be going in a good direction. I am hoping for USA models again like neck through USA charvels or even the return of the Star.

Then again I never seen what they were back in the day nor played any of the older ones, I am only 19 lol.

Comment

Hey, I'm only 17, but my main thing is 70s/80s rock n' roll.

My only complaint is the Tone Zone. As a 80s style guitarist (probably along with a lot of other Charvel players), the Tone Zone doesn't fit my classic rock needs. It has the bass and power that I've wanted, but it's too much bass and kinda muddy, so I think I'm going to replace at least the bridge pickup. Most likely with a Seymour Duncan JB or Custom Custom. Still... I love the feel and looks of it.

Comment

I have a white one due for delivery in 2 more days!!! The clips all sound darker with the dimarzios.

Ill probably replace the bridge pup with either a JB or a Duncan Custom modded with an alnico 8 magnet. (my fav pup!!!) Has a great 80s tone. A tiny bit of vintage sag and very musical.

Comment

I've always been curious about the choice of the Tone Zone - or Dimarzio for that matter. There are better choices out there. My USA So Cal sounded okay, but the Duncan equipped guitars killed them.

With that said, the white So-Cal is on my short list of next guitars.

Comment

Working...
            X