550XL Silver color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 550XL Silver color

I have an opertunity to purchase a 550 XL in a heavy silver flaked color. I have never seen one in person. Before I persue this (it's miles from my house), anyone got any pic's they could share? Any opinions to this model in this color? I'm not real sure about the color, kind of reminds me of an old Gretsch Rock Jet . The condition of the guitar is supposidly superb.Thats whats pushing me a bit. Just a bit up in the air about it. Thanks.

It's probably the "Platinum" finish. You can see an example on the front page of the 1989 Charvel catalogue:
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I saw a 550xl in that exact finish a few years ago at a local used guitar store here in the Washington DC area. It could be the same guitar, as there can't be too many platinum 550xls floating around. I recall it being a pretty nice guitar. That finish is just ridiculous. In a good way.

Comment

He seems straight up. Bought it brand new and has all the tags and reciept. Played it a couple times and got frustrated "with that wierd tremolo" that he couldn't adjust or tune right. It went in the case and never came out of the closet again.Its got the original strings on it.He heard through someone that I was looking for a Fusion Deluxe and emailed me and said he had one,not the color I wanted (orange) but had a nice one.Virtually unplayed. Its not a Fusion Deluxe after some talk, its a 550XL .Maybe its worth checking out. Thanks guys.

Comment

That 550 has a 25.5 scale neck, correct?

Comment

Yes.

Someone had a Fusion Custom in platinum here not too long ago. It would have had the 24.75" scale.

If you can get this for arounf $400-$450 I think it would be a fair deal.

Comment

This thread shows a 650xl in the same color, I think it was called silver sparkle. I've got one and it's a great color:

BTW, here's an ebay ad with a red 550xl with good close-up pix:
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Someone had a Fusion Custom in platinum here not too long ago. It would have had the 24.75" scale.
                uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

I really wanted a short scale this present search,something a bit different, thus my looking for a Fusion Deluxe, that and after seeing a orange one on here somewhere just stuck in my mind. Really want that orange. I blinked and the black one in the classifieds was gone. Franx, thats a stunner.I wish this one I have a line on was a model like yours. Thanks guys.

Comment

Fusions are nice. I just got done playing my "mutt". It's a metallic red Charvel Fusion Deluxe body with a Jackson PRO Fusion neck, EMG-81 and EMG-S wired up for 18 volts. I put in a concentric volume and tone so that I wouldn't have to drill a new hole. The pickup ring is a fretsonthenet oversized fitted for EMGs, and the bridge is a brand new Schaller FR. Very low action.

This guitar is very bright and some may say "lacks balls" but it 100% nails Great White stuff. It really sounds like that ES-335 used in the "Once Bitten Twice Shy" video, and nails the tones in "Rock Me". Lots of growl when played through me DSL100.

I have a few other Fusions as well. Can't go wrong with them.

Comment

I have a 650XL in the platinum finish and love it. Definitely a unique color.

Comment

Beautiful 650. You guys are killing me. Fusions, 550's,650's........aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                          Beautiful 650. You guys are killing me. Fusions, 550's,650's........aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHH
                          I got REALLY lucky on mine. I knew i was getting a deal but didnt realize it was that good of a deal.

Comment

I'm passing on it and any haggling . Besides, it's not really what I want. Problem is, the guys friend told him he see's some of those old Charvels priced for well over $1000 on ebay and his price is way,way over reasonable. Seems he has seen some stuff from that Alien dude. That killed it. Whatever. Beautiful guitars guys,thanks for sharing the photo's. Cheers.

Comment

Yup, AlienXNation (and now Willoughby) are making every idiot think he can get $1200+ for a Model Series, even though there are no completed auctions at those prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X