My old Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old Predator

I finally got around to doing a little touch up and cleaning on a guitar I really enjoy playing. Some guitars are just plain hard to put down. This one stays on a stand in my small studio area all the time. I never changed the pickups from stock. I have a habit of doing that. I have found the stock hum to do just about anything I want. Mainly metal, but man can it handle some dirty blues very nicely. The single is a bit mild, but if you give it a chance I have found it to be quite interesting, especially playing clean. I have a hard time doing that, but thats one of my goals. Listen a little more . I have to say the stock trem is one of my absolute favorites. I am the master of "cat stuck in car fan belt" noises. Thought I would throw the pic out there. Hey Tricky, Dude you rock, my thanks. Cheers from Wisconsin.
    Attached Files

Sweet man Rock On from WI!!!

? is that an ebony board?
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

No, its rosewood. Just really, really dark. I have only cleaned and oiled it a bit. I was fortunate when I got it that the previous owner maybe played some power chords on it. Minimal fret and fretboard wear.

Comment

Oh yeah,its way darker colored than that. Almost a wine metalic color. It was hit with almost direct morning sunlight. Its not that happy looking, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Sweet.
          The dark board with that color makes for a slick look.
          Clean and classy, without being overdone.
          I agree on the pups. The J90 can can throw out some mean heavy blues, and the J200 works pretty good for some Zeppelin 1.
          Looks like a keeper to me.
          Models
          The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
          I dont need furniture.
          If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
          If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
          And rock that sucker.

Comment

Thanks, it plays quick and really frets nice and crisp. Just a great sounding guitar. The color is just a bit bizzare with all the funky metal flake. In any natural light it looks like the picture, out of the sunlight or in a corner it is a deeper red. Either way, all good!

Comment

Nice! Is that a box of records back there? Wow!
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Come on, you got some records laying around, don't you? It can't just be me. Thats a very small sprinkle of them. I'd grab old used peach crates from where I worked as a kid. Albums fit perfect. You know for me on a Sunday morning its just nice to spin a old Mahogany Rush album.

Comment

Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Denmark? Me mums grandpa came from there in the 1890's to here. Not even knowing your musical scene you automatically kick ass. " The Power and the Glory" sent to the half of my homeland. That and I think I have some old Royal Hunt vinyl around here somewhere. Hail Denmark!

Comment

Working...
                    X