• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model a plus pro

its gone now but there was a model a plus pro listed on cl in town for 500

never heard of them but this looks like a pretty sweet ass axe
    what y'all think

“But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Looks like a high quality axe but I could not get past that headstock. I passed on a PC1 for the same reason (and I didn't like the fat neck).

Comment

great guitars.

Comment

not to crazy about headstock ...went for less than 500 though
        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I have never played one but the model is loaded with expensive and high quality features:

Charvel Model A+ Pro. Mahogany body, quilted maple top, birdseye maple neck w/ 24-fret ebony board, San Dimas neck profile. Has Gotoh tuners, Jackson JT580 low-profile Floyd and Seymour Duncan pickups (Pearly Gates bridge, lil' Screamin' Demons neck + mid). Made in Japan, discontinued I believe in 2004

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c..._A_Plus_Pro%2F
          Last edited by jackson1; 04-07-2011, 03:16 PM.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nice features with a blah headstock...I've always wondered if that headstock could be modded easily with another curved piece of wood to simulate a Strat head HS!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I also gave it some thought way back and I think you can. You wouldn't need "another" piece of wood. You would only need to rout (reshape) the middle piece of the bottom edge, but the Charvel logo would come very close to the edge. Everything else looks to be exactly the same shape and angle as a Strat head.

Edit: I just took some pics. I want to retract my statement above :-) Pics later. Maybe.
              Last edited by jackson1; 04-07-2011, 03:02 PM.
              Henrik

Comment

the + is a birdseye neck not qtrsawn.

Comment

You are right. Thanks for the correction. The Charvel Model A (non-plus) came with a quartersawn neck. I have edited my post with the specs above.
                  Henrik

Comment

interesting fact: some of the solid colors ones, if not all, are not mahogany

Comment

the solid color ones are alder.

Comment

I have a Japan-made one with single pickup, Rising sun graphic, and standard trem that I real like. The fret edges have a different look to em. maybe they're rolled? The headstock shape grew on me. The only problem I find with the headstock is that it doesn't fit in any standard J/C hardcases designed for pointies. I think the headstock is quite a bit bigger than a standard Fender strat head.
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the opinions on the fugly headstock but these are really nice players. I have a Model A plus Koa (limited edition) and it is a really nice guitar. The neck is awesome (heavily figured and oiled with an ebony board and rolled edges). I also think that the SD pickups pair up nicely with the mahogany body and koa top.

Comment

Working...
                          X