New Jap Pro Mods - Candy Blue - Yuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jap Pro Mods - Candy Blue - Yuck

I've been seeing a few of these crop up on Ebay. Even discounting for the usual poor picture taking, I can't say I'm a fan at all. Looks like a washed out shade of candy blue jean. IMHO, that's a poor choice for a standard finish. Reminds me of the ugly metallic blue used on 70s-era AMC Pacers. Not to mention that blue guitars usually don't go well with black hardware.

What do you think?

Glad they swapped Ferrari Red for Candy Red, though. Good choice there.

I'm lazy - how about some pics? I usually don't like blue. Especially not dark blue.
    Last edited by jackson1; 04-09-2011, 02:09 PM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm lazy, too. Search Ebay.

Comment

This thread is going down
        Henrik

Comment

Oh, OK. Here's one...http://cgi.ebay.com/Charvel-So-Cal-S...item1c1ad5d458

Comment

I'd like to see it w/white pickguard and pups, chrome hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Oh, OK. Here's one...
              Yes, absolutely agree. It just doesn't work. Granted, flash is used on all the pictures and I bet that makes it even more washed out, but... no.
              Henrik

Comment

Not my cup o' tea either. I like a lot of different blues, but that shade is just somewhere in between the ones I like.

Comment

I disagree. Candy blue looks way old school.

Comment

And they want how much?? I think I paid about $699 for one of the last regular USA teles about a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SD2 View Post
                      And they want how much?? I think I paid about $699 for one of the last regular USA teles about a year ago.
                      You bought a tele when they were discontinued by Charvel and being blown out because the tele shape didn't sell well enough to continue producing. You can't compare a "please buy this from me so I can put my money into something that will sell" price to the price of what they are actually worth, especially compared to what other manufacturers offer for the same price.

Comment

I like it! Then again, I think just about any shade of blue or green looks great on strat shapes.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That color definitely needs a white or mint green pickguard. My first name-brand guitar was a Daphne blue 1965 Fender Mustang. Damn I miss that guitar!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I dig all blues...I like it, especially with what Chub did to it...they all look great!

Comment

The black pickguard just dosen't go with that shade of blue, I agree with mint green.
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                              X