New Jap Pro Mods - Candy Blue - Yuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
    I disagree. Candy blue looks way old school.

I have to say it looks GREAT on a San Dimas, but on the So-Cal is just does not look right.

Comment

Really dig it with the cream rings & zebras. Actually dig all of those that Chubtone modded. Nice job!

Comment

Yeah, swapping the PUs to zebras w/a cream bezel is a definite visual improvement on those SDs. IMHO, Charvel should consider making that the factory standard layout.

Still don't like the new blue, though. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
          The black pickguard just dosen't go with that shade of blue, I agree with mint green.
          I agree. That blue w/ a black guard would look like an Internation Color Series Strat from 1980.
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I like it. Jake E used to have a light blue Charvel, didn't he?
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Put me on the Love it Column. Steve Via used a similar colour with white Pearloid pickguard on Sound Theories that I have been Jonesin for.

Comment

to me this is what "candy blue" is.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The above guitar is bad-ass.
                  8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Your right. Memories must be fading...

Here are some photos.

Comment

Looks kinda first act to me. The cream/zebra deal looks WAY better.

Comment

There is one hanging at my local Charvel dealer, I like it. Reminds me of the blue paint used on old Ford motors.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                          I like it. Jake E used to have a light blue Charvel, didn't he?
                          He sold it to get his teeth fixed. ...oh wait. Nevermind.

(before I get flamed I LOVE Jake's music.. but he looks hard lately.... really bad... like crack/meth poster-boy)

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post

Did you buy this or were you selling it? I saw this one on the bay months back and SHOULD have pulled the trigger. I lOVE this guitar.

Comment

I like it.....maybe it should be called "baby blue" though.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post

AH now that is sweet! that other shade of blue on the pro mod does not work for me,if it were just a bit more like the daphne blue vintage fenders i could get on board with that color for a charvel san dimas.

here's daphne blue, picture the san dimas with the chub tone mod on it in this color!

I liked these!
                                Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 05-16-2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X