Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 DR Wiring

HI

I have just bought one of these and can't seem to find out what the 5 way swith positions relate to pickup wise

I have taken the cover off and the swith is unlike anything I have seen before.

Can anyone let me know??

Also could someone take a photo of the wiring cavity on their guitar so that I can see where the wires should go as my humbucker sounds very weak - I am assuming that the is with the swith all the way back

Thanks

IIRC If it has a 5 way switch, then its more likely a Predator, which is identical other then the year made and toothpaste Charvel logo and the odd 5 way series parallel nonsense. Im not down on how the 5way thing is wired other than its confusing. If you want normal 3way operation, buy a 3way switch and wire it as usual. If you want the 5way series parallel thing, then Im sure someone will be along shortly that can help.

Ive had both the 3DR and the Predator and I converted my Predator to the standard 3way operation.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Its def the 3DR as it has the old style logo

Does anyone know what the series and paralell switch settings are ??

Comment

I have the Predator.

When I put Duncans in there, I couldn't get the 5-way re-wired properly and threw in a 3-way with a push/pull pot... so it's been a while but I seem to remember: last position (farthest from volume): full bridge, then split bridge, then bridge/neck, then split neck, then full neck.

as far as which coils were split, I'm not 100%, but I think they were the outside.

Comment

The 3dr had a single coil in the neck so you can't have a 5 way. If it does it's not stock or some transition period guitar(Or a japan market predator since Japan didn't change to the toothpaste logo). And yes I have a 3DR.

Comment

Working...
          X