No announcement yet.

Charvel Fusion Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea Jackson1, I could use a nerve pill as well.. lol.. Well I know 2 things for sure. I love this guitar and it's a 375 Deluxe. is the prototype thing out of the question? Because i find it odd that the screws on the neck plate don't have any marks on them from being tampered with. Just natural paint wearing off.

Comment

You love the axe, it's all that matters. Nothing indicates that this is not a genuine 375 Deluxe. I can't comment more on the prototype remark - as I said, it's pure speculation. The examination of the screw heads is smart and makes sense, but having the right bit, I could unscrew those screws without trace - except maybe pealing of paint / eloxation!

The only reason for swapping that neckplate would be if the guitar is stolen. I am not saying yours is - I am just wringing my brain and throwing everything at the mystery. Are you the sole owner?

I don't know if the neck pocket holds a date including a year, but if it does, that would be interesting to see. Does anyone here know if it is supposed to?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I don't recall my 375 or 475 from that time period having a date in the neck pocket and both have the Ft. Worth address on the plate but with later numbers.

Comment

Unfortunately no, I'm not the original owner, and the thought of it being stolen really bugs me as i know i am really attached to my guitars and the thought of it being stolen and someone missing it the way i know i would if it were scarfed by some thief hurts me. i'm going to the local police department and see if someone has reported one stolen. and if it turns out it is, i will have to out of morals and karma give it back. So Thanks again jackson1 for all your help. i will keep you posted. and if it turns out it's not i will have a friend of mine remove the neck and check for a date. Thanks, GtrLvr

Comment

I wonder why it has non-tabbed pups...

Comment

My 375 has non-tabbed pickups too. I pretty sure this is standard.

Comment

Well I went to the Police and spoke with a Detective. He is going to to pull some records for the last year on local, thefts and list the guitars. He says maybe Wednesday of next week and he will have a list. and at the risk of sounding dumb, what is tabbed pickups Truss ?

Comment

Could have been pulled apart at some time and the original neck plate was lost, so they just bought another one off ebay.

I misplaced a strat plate and had to put a generic plate on it.
                  Then found the plate about 2 years later.

A tabbed single coil pickup looks like the J100 in the Link below.
                  http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...ElecPage05.jpg
                  Last edited by Tricky; 04-14-2011, 10:52 PM.
                  Models
                  The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                  I dont need furniture.
                  If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                  If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                  And rock that sucker.

Comment

Thanks Tricky, I appreciate the info. if i hadn't been so busy running my brain at a million miles per hour i could have googled tabbed pickups and saved you some finger wear.That i'm sure you could have used on your axe. lol ... And now that you mention it, Your explanation could be it. but i'm still gonna check the hot sheet just for my peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X