Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played the tangerine hardtail Wildcard today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those definitely aren't the same holes. I bought a set of Planet Waves locking tuners for mine before realizing that they wouldn't line up. So, then I ordered a set of grover locking tuners that look almost identical and even those don't line up! They're a TINY bit bigger so although the hole is at the same angle it's slightly farther out (although it does cover the old holes at least).
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
    Ibanez RG-PR1
    Ibanez JCRG21A
    EBMM JP7
    Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEmuOfDoom View Post
      Those definitely aren't the same holes. I bought a set of Planet Waves locking tuners for mine before realizing that they wouldn't line up. So, then I ordered a set of grover locking tuners that look almost identical and even those don't line up! They're a TINY bit bigger so although the hole is at the same angle it's slightly farther out (although it does cover the old holes at least).
      I emailed the guy. This was his reply:

"
      These new chrome Schaller mini 6 inline tuners with the 90 degree downtabs are quite rare and are one of the very few types that are a drop-in replacement for the stock Grovers. The screw mounting holes essentially lined up perfectly so no filling-in & redrilling was necessary. If memory serves me correctly, any bias between the mounting holes and the Schaller tab holes would have been no more than a fraction of a millimeter. Since these holes are normally made with a hand held drill, a slight variance is normal even with an original, factory installation..."

Take that for what it's worth.

Comment

So after looking again my saying "definitely aren't the same holes" was a little hasty (and probably wrong). I was looking at the angle that the screw comes off the tuner. The screw position on the Grovers comes down at an angle while the Schallers come straight down but I didn't think about the fact that they could just be a little wider and then come straight down. I looked at my headstock again comparing it to the pic on the ebay guitar and sure enough the Schallers are definitely wider.

My bad Now I'm curious if they make a locking version that would fit...
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
        Ibanez RG-PR1
        Ibanez JCRG21A
        EBMM JP7
        Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

Why they didn't use these on ALL the newer Charvels is just beyond me. Those Grovers are unbelievably incorrect. These pop up from time to time on ebay.

Comment

According to everything I have read, this guitar was supposed to come with a SH-4 JB. The non-trem spaced model. I'm pretty sure mine came with the Trembucker as the strings don't line up over the pole pieces.

Comment

Yeah mine seems to be trem spaced as well.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but i like the Grover mini rotomatics. I like the low ratio because i can get the strings up to pitch quickly,I like the way they feel between my fingers, I like the way they look because I don't get caught up in the authenticity, they get the job done just fine. The combination of getting the strings up to pitch quickly then fine tuning them is such a nice feature, i wish every guitar had a tuning setup like that. Also, I kinda like how deep the knurl is on the new knobs. Granted, I wish they were all brass, but the extra deep knurl, combined with the matte finish adds up to some killer grip, that you can't deny.
                -A great man once said, "EMGs, they make a bad guitar sound good, and a great guitar sound good."
                My Rig- Charvel San Dimas Style 1
                Hands, featuring Fingers

Comment

RobRR did you find a solution for the buzz? i just bought one and i have the same problem.

Comment

No, I havent really had a chance to mess with it yet. Was thinking about graphtech saddles, but I honestly really like the chrome saddles... When I bought it, I wasnt planning on changing anything about the guitar. So yeah, I dunno what I wanna do with it yet.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

It doesnt bother me that much. It isnt that loud. Im going to have a set up and see how it is afterwards.

Comment

While its not that loud, its an issue that will really kill sustain and tone if not rectified.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post
                          According to everything I have read, this guitar was supposed to come with a SH-4 JB. The non-trem spaced model. I'm pretty sure mine came with the Trembucker as the strings don't line up over the pole pieces.
                          The JB on mine is definately a SH-4 the strings line up over the pole pieces. However they dont line up at all on the single coil. It is pretty weak sounding too. Is mine the only one like this?

Comment

Hoorah! just snagged one of these.. and no issues too

And that neck pickup is on the weak side, but lower output means more clarity when you crank the gain on the amp.. so win win for me!
                            www.vendetta-theband.com
                            www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Congrats Jedi! I love mine and thier is no buzz after it was set up.

Comment

Originally posted by SIXER View Post
                                Congrats Jedi! I love mine and thier is no buzz after it was set up.
                                Cheers man, Its an awesome axe.. Congrats on yours too. You made the right choice!
                                I`m showing some serious love for the Pro Mods at the moment, as the new line of Charvels that got revealed recently are just vile in In my opinion.
                                www.vendetta-theband.com
                                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                                X