charvel avenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel avenger

hello, i recently purchaced a rhoads body charvel. it is a three single coil set up. bolt on neck 22 fretts. a single knob for both tone and and volume. i will send pix when it comes back from luthier where i had a demarzio distortion bucker put in the bridge. the lfr says charvel and from what i gather is not a very good trem. any way does the avenger have another model name bc every time i try to do a search for charvel avenger, i draw a blank. and if anybody has one or imfo on the avenger i`d love to know a little more about the model. thanx in advance
    jackson dx10
    charvel avenger
    schecter c1 classic
    samick tr2 sg clone
    fender twin amp.
    abunch of stomp boxes

AFAIK it doesn't have any other name.

Basswood body, made during the "toothpaste logo" era, imo a pretty neat guitar.

Comment

Here's the catalog page from '90 - '91:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n%2FPage12.jpg

The issue with the trem (the JT-570) is that it is a single-locking version of an otherwise good Schaller-made trem (the JT-590). The good news is that you can replace the saddles and convert it to a double-locking unit, or just replace the whole thing with a Schaller Floyd or a used Jackson JT-590.

Comment

thats her. even still has the wrench holders on the back of the tuning stock. there is the neck plate w/ the id numbers, but nothing else. no made in japan, korea. no moniker proclaiming avenger. from all i could get out of other sites was that the pups and trem sucked. i really dont care about the trem bc im mostly a rhythm player. but the pups were another matter indeed. i tried to like thje pups, but they had no weight to their tone. too nasel. so im doing the unthinkable and putting in the demarzzio pup and there will be some routing of the pup opening to accomodate the bucker. completely destroying any collectable value. but this axe will get played. and to me thats more important. thanks for the info guys.
        jackson dx10
        charvel avenger
        schecter c1 classic
        samick tr2 sg clone
        fender twin amp.
        abunch of stomp boxes

Comment

Don't worry about collector value on these. There are only two or three import models that carry any collectible value, so don't sweat it. You'll be doing the most common mod that people do on the Avenger. Just take your time and a pickup ring will cover everything up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            Don't worry about collector value on these. There are only two or three import models that carry any collectible value, so don't sweat it. You'll be doing the most common mod that people do on the Avenger. Just take your time and a pickup ring will cover everything up nicely.
            As dg states, very common modification (I've done it myself) that may actually increase the resale value if done right.

Comment

I have a fusion special with the same pickup configuration, and I believe the Avenger has the single locking trem? YOu are right, the pups suck. In order to put a regular humbucker in the bridge slot, you only need to remove a very small amount of wood, and believe me, it is worth it. The trem is actually OK. As far as I know, it is a schaller, so it is of good quality. All you need to do is replace the saddles with those from a double locking version, and you have an excellent bridge. Or if you don't use the trem, just block it. The single locker is kind of convenient because the strings load throught the saddles, so changing strings is really easy.

Comment

I
                Originally posted by etaeniura View Post
                I have a fusion special with the same pickup configuration, and I believe the Avenger has the single locking trem? YOu are right, the pups suck. In order to put a regular humbucker in the bridge slot, you only need to remove a very small amount of wood, and believe me, it is worth it. The trem is actually OK. As far as I know, it is a schaller, so it is of good quality. All you need to do is replace the saddles with those from a double locking version, and you have an excellent bridge. Or if you don't use the trem, just block it. The single locker is kind of convenient because the strings load throught the saddles, so changing strings is really easy.
                I have an Avenger and I switched the pickups and it sounds pretty good...Try EMGs they are the best i think

Comment

all the avengers i have seen have an "A" in the neck pocket, and on the neck there should be a 4-diget number on their neck heel. pretty neat guitar though, mine was heavily modded. i did the bridge pickup rout, i routed the iinput jack out for an upsidedown strat style like chris holmes, and i loaded her with EMG's and a new trem. Only thing is, the rhoads is never that good with a bold on neck. atleast to me. but nice score. i hope it turns out great
                  Guitars:
                  Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
                  Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
                  Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
                  Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
                  Modded Jet City 100HDM
                  custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

Working...
                  X