Model A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model A?

I saw this on egay and know nothing about it. What is the model A? Anyone ever play one?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-MODEL-PL...item2c5c3e387e

The only one Im aware of.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Produced by Ford from 1927 to '31

Comment

Yea http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...Charvel_06.jpg

Friend of a friend owns one. I played it maybe once for a couple of minutes. It's pretty low output-axe, has an pearly gates in the bridge and two lil' screamin' deamons. The trem is I beleive old takeuchi JT580, stays in tune fine. The neck is a lot chunkier than the model and toothpaste series, not my kind of thing. Besides, the sears headstock and 24 frets are no-no for me. Had a nice ebony board though... Compared it the same day with an stock 475, and Model 1a w/dimarzio fast track 2 in the bridge and it sounded the crappiest of three. A lot of potential (wood, pickups) and they ended with a "meh" guitar.
        Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

*in foreign voice* hahahahahaaaaaaaa. Is funny because the model A was also a Ford car haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby8 View Post
            Friend of a friend owns one. I played it maybe once for a couple of minutes. It's pretty low output-axe, has an pearly gates in the bridge and two lil' screamin' deamons. The trem is I beleive old takeuchi JT580, stays in tune fine. The neck is a lot chunkier than the model and toothpaste series, not my kind of thing. Besides, the sears headstock and 24 frets are no-no for me. Had a nice ebony board though... Compared it the same day with an stock 475, and Model 1a w/dimarzio fast track 2 in the bridge and it sounded the crappiest of three. A lot of potential (wood, pickups) and they ended with a "meh" guitar.
            I have one exactly like the one in the auction. Although the neck is not Wizard thin, I'm not sure I would call it chunky and the shape feels very similar my Charvel USA Reissue. Very comfy to me but obviously this is a personal preference.

I agree that this is not a high output axe and it wouldn't be my first choice for playing metal. There were other models in the series that I believe had duncan blackouts that would be higher output. IMO, the pickups are decent for this construction (very warm) and work great for playing hard rock.

BTW, the price in the auction is way outta wack for these IMO. Although the list price was over a grand, I picked mine up for about $300 about two years ago. I usually don't see these sell for more than $450.

Comment

High quality but the pearl gates is week as shit. The neck is wider than other J/Cs

Comment

I have a Model A and a Traditional.

I threw in a Full Shred in mine and that woke it up.

The Traditional spec called up a Jazz in the bridge but is actually an SH14, Custom 5 which is quite sweet in this thing.

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Working...
                X