Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Help!

Hey Guys,

Just found this forum. Can't believe I haven't found it sooner... I've been playing Jacksons and Charvels since high school. Some great info on here.

My problem is I need a string lock insert from a JT-6 bridge. I just got a new Model 5FX and some goofball apparently lost one of the inserts, and proceeded to remove them all and pinch the ball end of the string with the lock screws in the bridge, essentially stripping half of the lock screws and chipping the paint below the bridge. I have ordered new screws from Fretsonthenet (great site BTW!), but I need ONE of the little inserts with the square top.

If anyone happens to have one of these around, or knows where to obtain one, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

check out http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

Dave is good people & a JCF member
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      check out http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

Dave is good people & a JCF member

He did, Gary! RIF

Originally posted by jelloron View Post
      I have ordered new screws from Fretsonthenet (great site BTW!), but I need ONE of the little inserts with the square top.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dave used to make replacement locking plates, and even made whole string-lock assemblies for a short while, iirc, but he doesn't make either anymore. Wish I had stocked up on plates when he made 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          He did, Gary! RIF

HEHE... I was gonna say that, but didn't want my second post here to be busting somebody's balls...

My other option was to change all 6 string lock inserts for the ones from the JT585LP bridge. Anybody else tried this and know if it works? I really wanna keep it all original, but It's looking grim on finding just one insert. I really don't wanna drop $100+ for a whole new JT-6 on ebay for just one insert...

Was really hoping someone on here had some old parts, or something... we'll just have to see how far wishful thinking gets me... :-)

Comment

that's what I get for posting when I'm tired after midnight.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

I really wanna keep it all original, but It's looking grim on finding just one insert. I really don't wanna drop $100+ for a whole new JT-6 on ebay for just one insert...
              Fuck keeping it original with that POS trem - grab a used Floyd or a newish MIK Floyd from a Charvel ProMod and slap that on there.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Changing it out may be an option eventually. I'll probably just change out the inserts first, if I can't find an original one. Just curious about how they will match up, particularly since I have a new set of lock screws on the way from Dave...

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  that's what I get for posting when I'm tired after midnight.
                  You're supposed to be living after midnight!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

LOL! That's the only cover song in my band's setlist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

I was flaking out sitting at the computer with a guitar in my lap when I figured "I'll answer this dude's query before I head to bed". Even checked out fretsonthenet.com to make sure they were still operating, since I haven't seen Dave about in a while. I clearly did the late-night-last-minute-swot cheat and only read the first sentence in each paragraph.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I definitely appreciate your helpful nature. Now if you'd only be willing to part with one of your inserts!

Comment

You insert hoarder you!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Now if you'd only be willing to part with one of your inserts!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

These?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...e_Tremolo.html
                              Charvel 550xl (Platinum)
                              Charvel Predator (Firecrackle)
                              Jackson Ke3 (Purple)
                              Jackson XL Soloist (Black)
                              Fender Deluxe Players Strat (White)
                              Yamaha APX 700 Acoustic (Cherry Burst)

Comment

Working...
                              X