Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Charvel, a Fusion Custom

Hi all,

Thought I'd post some pictures up of my first Charvel, my 6th guitar. It was advertised as a Fusion Custom, so let's hope that's correct . The colour threw me off a bit as going by what I've read here there didn't seem to be a gold option on the fusions, but regardless it's great. Anyone know the correct name for the colour?

Many thanks to GeneBaby for helping me decide on which one to get, I believe I made the right choice. I'll hold back on a review until the honeymoon period is over .

Just need a couple of string locking nuts, can anyone guide me in the right direction, like an online store where they are available? Thanks in advance. The neck pickup is a bit half-baked too but that can be tackled another time.

Some pictures:

congrats, man. I'm a big Fusion fan, although I don't have a Charvel version yet.

I don't believe that is gold. I think it's Platinum, and the clear coat has yellowed over the silver. I saw a Charvel 550XL that had the same thing happen, although it made it look like a weird very pale lemony-lime flake
    Hail yesterday

Comment

You should be able to grab a new nut or parts from prorockgear.com

That's probably a Schaller made lock nut, so a Floyd nut or Floyd parts should bolt right up.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Is that the one that was sitting on the bay for a while?
        Charvel 550xl (Platinum)
        Charvel Predator (Firecrackle)
        Jackson Ke3 (Purple)
        Jackson XL Soloist (Black)
        Fender Deluxe Players Strat (White)
        Yamaha APX 700 Acoustic (Cherry Burst)

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          congrats, man. I'm a big Fusion fan, although I don't have a Charvel version yet.
          I don't believe that is gold. I think it's Platinum, and the clear coat has yellowed over the silver. I saw a Charvel 550XL that had the same thing happen, although it made it look like a weird very pale lemony-lime flake
          Thanks! I suspected it may have yellowed over time actually, so you're doing me a favour by confirming my suspicions. Don't think there is a simple fix without re doing the clear coat, so I'll just have to accept the 'vintage' look

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          You should be able to grab a new nut or parts from prorockgear.com
          That's probably a Schaller made lock nut, so a Floyd nut or Floyd parts should bolt right up.
          Excellent info just what I needed to know, thanks for the link. Going to have a look now.

Originally posted by Conzo8 View Post
          Is that the one that was sitting on the bay for a while?
          Probably, it was listed a bit on the pricey side so I made an offer, personally delivered to me the next day. The ad was incorrectly advertised as "desert crackle" for some odd reason, I even showed the seller a picture of a crackle finish but he was adamant that his was the same...! Regardless of the yellowing it still plays pretty nice.

Comment

nothing wrong with a bit of yellowing. As long as it's not snow or Y-fronts. I have white Model 2 that looks more like metallic creme now
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              nothing wrong with a bit of yellowing. As long as it's not snow or Y-fronts
              I beg to differ

Comment

That guitar is pretty cool. The aging and yellowing is just part of the aging process, and makes it even cooler in my book.

Comment

Wicked cool, I'd leave it alone and play it.

Comment

Yeah its pretty sweet I love the colour, same as my 550xl. Champagne sparkle is how i like to describe it
                    Charvel 550xl (Platinum)
                    Charvel Predator (Firecrackle)
                    Jackson Ke3 (Purple)
                    Jackson XL Soloist (Black)
                    Fender Deluxe Players Strat (White)
                    Yamaha APX 700 Acoustic (Cherry Burst)

Comment

Rock On Man... Those are sweet ass Guitars!!!

sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

I scored one of those same guitars a few months back! Love it!

Comment

I like.

I have one that I refined into a bengal graphic.
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Thanks for all the positive response

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                            That guitar is pretty cool. The aging and yellowing is just part of the aging process, and makes it even cooler in my book.
                            I agree! tbh if it was actually for sale in the original platinum I'd have been less keen to buy it. I just assumed it was gold!

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                            Wicked cool, I'd leave it alone and play it.
                            Doing that so far, although it could really benefit from a set up from the local guitar tech...can't bear to part with it just yet though oddly enough! I have a Jackson VVV replica being made so once that arrives I'll get the fusion taken care of .

Originally posted by Conzo8 View Post
                            Yeah its pretty sweet I love the colour, same as my 550xl. Champagne sparkle is how i like to describe it
                            "Champagne Sparkle" - I like it! Shamelessly stolen

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
                            Rock On Man... Those are sweet ass Guitars!!!

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                            I scored one of those same guitars a few months back! Love it!
                            http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/115...on!?highlight=
                            Great to see another one - annoying that my pickup doesn't have a cover! Yours looks great, did you get the big brass block in the end?

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                            I like.
                            I have one that I refined into a bengal graphic.
                            Sounds sweet any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by n3p View Post

Sounds sweet any pics?
                              Here you go:

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X