Trying to figure this out:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure this out:

A thread in the US Jackson forum had me youtubing Rough Cutt.

I came across a vid for what was apparently a 1984 show. Look at the Charvel Star. Is it me or does that Star have an import logo'd neck? Model series type.

I know that the first Model Series guitars came out in 1986. MAYBE some could have been had in 1985, but 1984?

Here's the video, look at the flash shots of the headstock @ around 2:37 and 4:07. There are a few other shots of it in the vid, but the one @ 2:37was the closest camera shot.

Maybe one of you all can figure it out and enlighten me?
    Last edited by bombtek; 06-11-2011, 07:21 AM.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

It looks like a Model Series logo on Amir's guitar, for sure. Great to see that vid - Rough Cutt was probably my fav metal band of that era. Great rhythm section, fantastic guitar playing and Shortino's voice is legendary.
    Those Charvel's and Jackson's weren't too bad, either.

Comment

IDK, looks like a 3+3 shape, but the lighting makes it look white.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

In the comments the original taper writes "I can't believe my original VHS copy of this is still making the rounds 25 years later. Someone added titles but the actual video is from my master VHS tape from 1985."

So, the concert could have been from 1985 (not 84) but the obvious answer is this is a USA neck...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X