Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did the later Japan models ever have pointy HS's????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did the later Japan models ever have pointy HS's????

I ran across a pointy headstock Charvel that the seller claims was made around 2005 according to the 8 digit serial number.

As far as I knew, the new Charvels never had pointy headstocks unless they were USA made.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
    according to the 8 digit serial number.
    Not Japan.

What's the serial # ?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The blue flame one on CL? I thought it looked like a USA logo on the HS.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

The one on Craigslist. It doesnt have the made in usa underneath the logo, but it appears to be gold in color.
        Last edited by DeathThrashAttack; 06-14-2011, 04:16 PM.
        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

the serial is : 068xxxxx

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Weird serial #

Let's see pics.

I'll say this is either a fake or a non Japan import.

Comment

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Maybe its one of those usa re issues and someone switched the neckplate along the way (to sell). Did those have cast san dimas plates or chrome stamped steel ones?

Comment

If I squint my eyes just right it looks like it might be a JT-6 locking nut. Neck off an older model series perhaps?
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I was thinking that too but the truss rod cover is a full sized one for a floyd nut or no lock. It is possible that it was a model 1 neck with a kahler lock added, the full sized cover just slapped on there and the headstock refinished with a gold usa logo. Hmm, thats a longshot but possible I guess. How much is this guy asking for this thing?

Comment

Well, I'm usually wrong....
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Man those are awesome pics!

Comment

haha i agree........

So do you guys think its an oddball neckplate on a USA guitar. It has a OFR and Seymour Duncan too. Makes me think its a usa.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Looks like a san dimas reissue from the early 2000s. The neck plate was probably swapped.

Comment

This is it.. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/111...anyone-ID-this
                              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X