Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did the later Japan models ever have pointy HS's????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reply in that thread is pretty much what I was going to write now. There's no "Made in USA" under the logo and it has that etched 8-digit plate. I still think it's a Japan-market guitar.

Comment

I wonder if the neck pocket will reveal any answers. I know Ive seen that weird plate on some of the oddball usa made runs in the mid 2000's like the evh guitars maybe. Its also possible that the headstock got re finished due to the clear peeling as was so common on these and an aftermarket logo was used. I dunno. Most likely as dg says a non usa market guitar. Looks nice though.

EDIT: Hmm, now that I look at the plate in the other thread there is no address on it. I think those mid 2000 etched plates had the san dimas address on them.
      Last edited by Carbuff; 06-17-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

DeathThrashAttack - did you go check it out?
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

No, i didnt want to bother with it if it wasnt a USA to be honest. Unless you guys think it might, then I'll probably snag it for 4 hundred.
          "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Working...
          X