Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '89 Charvel import, serial no's?

Hi,

I'm a Charvel fan, and I want to start a small collection of Charvel (import) guitars.

Apart from my STX Custom there's nothing in the collection yet .

The next guitar(s?) in the collection should be a Charvel from 1989 (my birthyear).

Apart from a 650XL I can't be really sure if another Charvel is built in 1989, so I was wondering, which serial numbers are for 1989?

Thanks !

P.S. If anyone has a Charvel from 1989 for sale hook me up !
    Looking for "any" Charvel from 1989 (birthyear)! contact me !

i am pretty sure they stopped the model series in 88 so your probably lookinf=g for something with a toothpaste logo like a 275 or 375 deluxe, i dont think the serial numbers will tell you much but this link might help http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...rvel_Import%2F

Comment

the first digit after the "C" on neckthru or setneck serials will indicate the year. So anything with a "C9...." serial is what you're after. Like my 550XL - C904323
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Good choice on trying to get a few old Charvels.
        If you don't want another STX, there are plenty of nice ones.
        I have several guitars in my collection. One of my favs is my sea sick green 1989(?) Charvel Fusion Deluxe.
        Beauty, it stays in tune forever. Sounds awesome.
        I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet.
        So far as dating goes....unless you were there when it was made, it is really tough to tell.
        There is really good info here on the JFC site, gotta look around.
        Most of the final ID comes from color and specs. The people here are very knowledgeable.
        I found a list here on JFC that stated the approximate years based on the first three serial numbers. It only covered Jap imports from '89-'91. Can't seem to find it now though.
        Also, here is great resource:

Good luck.
        [IMG]file:///C:/Users/JAYSON%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
        They shoot without shame, in the name of a piece of dirt.
        For a change of accent, or the color of your shirt.

Comment

I figured it out,
          Here it is:
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          They shoot without shame, in the name of a piece of dirt.
          For a change of accent, or the color of your shirt.

Comment

Most 89's will have the smaller toothpaste logos 90 the started using the larger logo's.
            Great guitars IMO
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X