Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another ID Thread (did my homework first...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ID Thread (did my homework first...)

(Disclaimer: I know very little about Charvel)

Hey all:

I found this one on C-List and, from what I can find, I believe it is a 1987 Model 1. Sorry for the pics, but there was no improving them as the poster did a pretty awful job. Current owner thinks it's 1988, but from what I can find, the Model 1 was no longer built in 1988. (?). Anyway, maybe what was "done" to this one is nice work, but personally I think it's no way to treat an instrument.

The real question... Is it worth picking up? I think it's a pretty cool guitar, but I was thinking of more of an investment, if it is worth more than $300.

Thanks for any help.

what do you mean by "investment"? That you'll lock it in the vault and one day pay your kids' tuition with it? Will never happen with Charvel imports. Or are you just wondering if it is worth flipping for a profit?

$300 is getting up there for one of these. Is that a proper graphic, or a sticker? If you like it and see yourself playing it, then it could be worth it.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

By "investment" I meant keep it for a while and not lose any money for my effort.

Here is what the seller said about the graphic: "WWII era Vargas pin up calendar grapic. This is not a vinyl sticker Custom painted Charvel Model 1 Single PU, Fender style trem. Maple neck. Neck has very little wear. In and of itself, the guitar is in great shape. It's a Ft. Worth model from 1988."

Of course "Ft. Worth model" means it's Japanese...

That's all I needed to know - thanks.
      Last edited by psychles; 06-18-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

i would buy it for $250 at most and maybe in a couple years you could get $400 for it on a good day.
        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

300 is about where the prices are at for these right not. Some have done for $285 for a mint black one. What kills me on these is that I paid $225 new back in the 80's for a 1A. These already go for more than they cost new.

Comment

Working...
          X