275 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 275 Deluxe

I think this is what I have come across. Its very clean. Whats an opinion on this guitar. Looks like double singles at the bridge position. Not sure on this one.

They're solid, well-made, and have nice necks, but they come equipped with the single-locking version of the Schaller Floyd (JT-570). The bridge can be swapped out for a Schaller Floyd or used JT-590, or you can convert it by adding Schaller locking saddles. A regular hum can be added with just a little bit of woodworking. Factoring all of that in, I'd personally want to spend under $200, and I'd have to be in the mood to track down parts and do the work.

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the response. I thought it was a bit high priced at $350. Especially with what I would want to modify.

Comment

Found a cobalt blue 275 in a pawn shop a couple years back for $100 and did some of the mods described above,installed a Super Distortion in the bridge and a EMG S3 in the neck. I blocked the vibrato and just play it as a hard tail for now,not a bad little guitar,gets some really great tones with the pickup placement. Have about $225 invested.
        IMHO $350 is way to high for a 275,you can find some of the Model series guitars for less than 350 if you look around.Oh yea,the original pickups are very weak in these guitars.

Comment

The early 275's had a full strat body, a chrome JT-6 trem, and a J-90C in the bridge, those are the ones to have.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Yeah, this isn't one of those. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X