Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which locking nut on a 2011 Charvel Pro Mod? R3 or R4

Hi All,

Do the new Charvels have a R3 or R4 locking nut. I need to replace mine...

I know R3 and R2 have the same string spacing, and the R3 is used for bound necks...but what do Charvels use?

dinkyguitar

Assuming they use genuine Schaller/Floyd Rose parts, it should say on the back shouldn't it?

Comment

It should be an R3.

Also - I think R2 is narrow - its the R3 & R4 that are the same size with the different string spacing. I could be wrong.

check out the chart on www.prorockgear.com
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Here you go

R2 is overall a different size than R3. R3 and R4 are the same size, just different string spacing
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I replaced both of mine with R3, perfect fit, same spacing as the stock one.

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
            I replaced both of mine with R3, perfect fit, same spacing as the stock one.
            Why did you replace them? Did they break or strip out or something? Or did you replace the floyd and it came with the new nut too?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
              Why did you replace them? Did they break or strip out or something? Or did you replace the floyd and it came with the new nut too?
              No reason other than that I had the German Floyd's and lock nuts and I can't leave well enough alone.

Comment

Working...
              X