another thread asking for help identifying info on Charvel San Dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another thread asking for help identifying info on Charvel San Dimas

so I just picked up this Japanese made Charvel San Dimas. Serial number: 03020169

Does anyone have info or some kind of chart showing how to get more info on the guitar?

Here are some pics:

Not a San Dimas. Early 2000's or late 90's. Dinky body, 24 frets. Don't know the model name. Someone will chime in. Not very popular but they sone nice axes.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

really? it was sold to me as a San Dimas

Comment

Here you go

Blank yo!

Comment

thanks so much!!! what is the market value on these?

Comment

I didn't think there was a market for these...
            Blank yo!

Comment

Probably around $3-400. Thats a Koa top on a Mah back fyi.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

really? that low? i thought it would be at least $600

Comment

$400!

Damn, RobRR beat me!

mystix (I ain't gonna type boi cuz that's ghey, whoops) are you sure about the serial # ? AFAIK it should NOT be 8 digits long. Double check that muthafugga
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah... it's only number on the guitar... it's on the back plate actually... is there somewhere else i can check the serial number?

Comment

There's nowhere to check the serial, except to compare it to other guys who have one. It's definitely an A+K, and I think they were only made in 2002. Nobody is going to fake a serial on one of those, so 8 digits is probably right. Great guitars that can be had for cheap even though the original msrp was high for a Japanese Charvel. They just didn't sell well, and now with so many stratheads flooding the market, very few people want that headstock. $600 is close to what you can get one of the USA San Dimas reissues from '95 - '97 for. Also great undervalued guitars with an unfortunate headstock.

Comment

wow... i paid 600 for this used from Sam Ash... I guess I'll return it... i'm not vibing the pickups anyway... looks gorgeous though

Comment

Return it and buy it back for $300.

Comment

Returned. No dice on getting them to do a price adjustment

Comment

Just saw this guitar in the sam ash in cherry hill. I immediately recognized it... Its def in nice shape but nowhere near worth the 600 they're still asking.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X