Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you adjust a bar string retainer? Charvel Pro Mod

Hi All,

I've never had a guitar with a bar string retainer...so as far as height goes...how high/low do you adjust it...

This is the bar located between the locking nut and the tuning machines where the strings pass under before going up to the tuners..

http://www.prorockgear.com/stringretainerbar.aspx

dinkyguitar

Since the point of one is to pull the strings down towards the headstock so that they sit flush with the locking nut (the purpose being to keep the strings there so they don't go out of tune when he nuts are locked down), I would say a height just below he height of the locking nut itself makes sense. Just low enough so the strings are pulled flush with the locking nut ... if that makes sense lol
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

That is exactly right. If you put it too low it will bind up and be a pain to string, so only as low as it needs to be to keep the string against the nut, so that the strings don't go sharp when you lock it down.

Comment

Thanks guys....

dinkyguitar

Comment

I adjust to get a straight string pull from the tuners to the bar that gives the right amount of down pressure at the front of the nut.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X