Anyone change to gold hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone change to gold hardware?

I have a white Japan pro mod and love it but think it would look killer with gold hardware. Thinking grover tuners, OFR, and all the other parts sholdn't run more than about $300 plus I was thinking of adding white SD pups and also gold bezels to complete the look. A couple things I would like to know is a) if anyone has done something similar, I would love to see pics and b) how much work would be involved changing from direct mounted pups to bezels?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

To do the bezels, I just drill a 1/4" hole where the existing hole is, for the height adjustment screws. Then you do it the same as you'd do for any other guitar, get the bezel where you need it & drill 4 holes.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, sounds good.

Anyway, I was thinking something like this:

My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Here's mine:

I don't own this anymore (stolen) but yeah, IMO gold hardware and pickups looks pretty nice on a white guitar

Comment

If you do Dimarzio pups, you can get them special ordered with gold poles too. I'm usually only a fan of gold hardware on white, black or natural wood. I say go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
            Anyone change to gold hardware?
            Yes, I did a Pavo Purple DK2. It wasn't too pricey but I used an LFR.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
              Here's mine:

I don't own this anymore (stolen) but yeah, IMO gold hardware and pickups looks pretty nice on a white guitar
              That is absolutely gorgeous. Wow.

Comment

Thanks... Yeah, it was. And it sounded kick-ass and it played really nice, too.

Comment

Working...
                X