Routing a Model 4 Under the Trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing a Model 4 Under the Trem?

This is an idea I'm vaguely considering, since I'm sending my Model 4 off for some new frets and a Floyd Rose Nut conversion...but has anyone routed under their trem for extra range pulling up? Part of me says it's sacrilege to do it and to just get another J/C that has a routed trem (plus I have a recessed Floyd Rose on another guitar, so it's not like I don't have something in my arsenal that does it), part of me says it might merit doing.

What're your thoughts?

If you need the extra pull, do it. These aren't valuable collectable guitars anyway - so do what you want. The Floyd nut mod is a good start.

I hope you're also swapping in a proper Floyd in place of that pot metal thing that came stock.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Oh yeah, I swapped an OFR on there over a year ago. Night and day difference.

Comment

-------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

If you shim the neck a little to tilt it back further you can then raise the trem to give you more pull up. That said, my non usa market 650xl has a surface mount trem with just the pull up rout stock. A few models have this. Seems like an ok mod.

Comment

I have a spare model 4 body you can hack on for 75$ TYD ill throw in some pots as well if ya want. The paint is just so so it was someones refin. That way if you dont like the result you still have your body to mess with....
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X