Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Desolation ad in new Guitar World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always liked the look of the Surfcaster.I´m really curious about that
    Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

The rumor is it'll be a singlecut:

Summer NAMM is open to the public on Saturday ($20) according to what I've read. Newc or anybody else near Nashville should get over there!

-edit- Found out there's no J/C booth at Summer NAMM, so I guess we just have to wait for an announcement.
      Last edited by dg; 07-21-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

There was a singlecut designed by one of the JCF that floated around about a year and a half ago.
        Maybe they are going to announce it?
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

There's definately Nothing on their site but the dealer search. Everything esle is just the desolation deal with a quote from Buzz Aldrin and some rock formations. Those bastards. LOL
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'm sure they don't mean "Desolation Alley", the Mike Learn custom paint.
            Last edited by hunter1970; 07-22-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Im hoping for a Japan, Surfcaster

Comment

They just updated their facebook status for the first time in forever, and the homepage has changed to this...

Charvel Guitars are the very embodiment of high-performance since 1974.

... so hopefully the announcement will come soon. Somebody in the Rig Talk thread made a great point about how all bets should be off now that Gibson owns Valley Arts, which makes strats, not to mention the fact that Fender lets Hamer do what they've always done. I'm ready to order a roundhorn V and an Explorer. Cut the nonsense and take my money.

Comment

Gibson has owned VA for some time now though. Not that I don't agree with you, I just don't see them making the move.

Comment

On jackson's twitter, they had an interview up with Wes boreland from limp bizkit. Maybe he cut a deal with charvel and has a new surfcaster sig.

Comment

If that were the case the ad would have said desperation not desolation.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                        I'm ready to order a roundhorn V and an Explorer. Cut the nonsense and take my money.
                        +1. Not holding my breath for it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                          Cut the nonsense and take my money.
                          Buy from Hamer?
                          The quality is just as high and with FMIC owning it all, it's probably going to be touched by the same people at some point.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Surfcaster or LP, I will buy it as soon as I am able
                            Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                              Buy from Hamer?
                              The quality is just as high and with FMIC owning it all, it's probably going to be touched by the same people at some point.
                              Er, you meant Hamer touched by the same Hamer folks, right? Not Hamer touched by Jackson guys....cuz that'd be a no.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Er, you meant Hamer touched by the same Hamer folks, right? Not Hamer touched by Jackson guys....cuz that'd be a no.
                                I don't really know anymore. I thought the Jackson team was helping the Hamer folks, while the Hamer Team was working on Guilds?

I'm rather befuddled by the whole issue...

Comment

Working...
                                X