Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Desolation ad in new Guitar World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree entirely. This is exactly the kind of thing that Jackson/Charvel needs, expand their current line. The market is swamped with Les Paul clones, yes - but most of those are sub-par compared with the real deal or any other high-end singlecuts. Let's hope that they pull this off because it may mean a greater Charvel fanbase.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
      I`m just waiting for the next Pro Mods... for me, a singlecut guitar is not what Charvel are about. The market is swamped with Les Paul ripoffs.

You're right, I'll bet everyone noticed a severe lack in strat clones
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I`m just waiting for the next Pro Mods... for me, a singlecut guitar is not what Charvel are about. The market is swamped with Les Paul ripoffs.

Just give me a single hum Pro Mod style 1 in white.
        Hmm, I cant decide whether that would increase or decrease the value of my model 2......

Comment

Just give me a single hum Pro Mod style 1 in white.
          This bugged me too, so I just made my own (:

Comment

Yeah, but what happens if this replaces the Pro-Mods?
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              Yeah, but what happens if this replaces the Pro-Mods?
              Then Reliablefendr becomes a millionaire overnight.

Comment

Charvel site is back up. with all new Guitars!

Comment

Just checked out the new stuff- cheesy, lame and uninspiring. The new designs are kind of gross for this day and age. As always, the Blood Drip DeMartini sure is as cool as heck.

Comment

Interesting pricing structure. I'd bet the D*-1s are MIJ, and the D*-2s & -3s are out of the India factory.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                      I would love a Charvel single cut with a stop tail and 3x3 headstock... And just after I bought a Les Paul, it couldn't come at a worse time! It's like their model changes exist just to fuck with me.
                      If that's the case can you hurry up and buy a Gibson Firebird so they can fuck with you some more and I can finally get a Jackson one?
                      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                          If that's the case can you hurry up and buy a Gibson Firebird so they can fuck with you some more and I can finally get a Jackson one?
                          You want my PayPal?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                            That bass side upper bout is about 1" too long to my eye. Actually I'm not crazy about any of these. But, I hate those Schecter and LTD things the kiddies all play, too, but if this gets their money to Charvel instead I'm good with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Interesting pricing structure. I'd bet the D*-1s are MIJ, and the D*-2s & -3s are out of the India factory.

I was thinking that, but comparing the price of the fully blinged-out neckthroughs to the Pro Mods or to MIJ neckthrough Jacksons, I'm thinking they probably have to be MIK to be that low. I'm still going to reserve judgment until I play the guitars.

-edit

Correction: China

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                              These Desolation guitars were designed in the Custom Shop here in Corona CA... and they are made in China. There are USA versions coming out of the Custom Shop. By the way, I have the original single cuttaway proto that Mike Shannon built... it's AMAZING. When you touch or play these guitars, you will know that we spent our time making it right. I have been working on making sure these play like Charvels. The necks are what you would expect...and guess what... now we can attract players looking for set necks and neck thru...single cuttaway etc... too many people asked me.. "wow I love this neck...when are you going to make guitars with other shapes?".

We didn't do away with anything that was Charvel... we simply added more shapes and expanded the line. Keep that in mind!
                              Last edited by dg; 08-02-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                                I was thinking that, but comparing the price of the fully blinged-out neckthroughs to the Pro Mods or to MIJ neckthrough Jacksons, I'm thinking they probably have to be MIK to be that low. I'm still going to reserve judgment until I play the guitars.

-edit

Correction: China
                                Can the Chinese factory's guitars be on the same quality control level as the guitars made in the Japanese factory?

Comment

Working...
                                X