2nd Pro Mod on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Pro Mod on the way

Today I pulled the trigger on a black MIJ Pro Mod.

I love my USA one so much as my main player now and I wanted a similar guitar as my backup for live use.

I went with the MIJ as I hear the fretwork is fantastic, and yes, I had a little done to the high frets on my other but now it's great. It also comes with a case, which I like a lot and have ordered a case for my first Pro Mod too.

So it's a relative bargain for such a quality and playable guitar, I hope anyway.

I bought the first one local but this one is coming from the US, there's lots of bargains out there.

I do prefer the black hardware of old but can live with chrome and probably with the direct mount pickups too. Not sure why they changed that.

The lack of neck plate gasket is strange too, so I'll be putting one one when I am adjusting the neck.

Can't wait to get it and see how she plays!

congrats Vic. Pics are required, of course
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats!

I just bought a Wildcard #6 And will be buying and fitting a neck gasket.

Are they one size fits all or would I have to order a specific type?
      www.vendetta-theband.com
      www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Thanks Gary, I still haven't taken any pics of the first one!!

They are probably all not one size fits all as there are many different types of neck plate out there. I have a spare I can use and I will probably buy a replacement from Frets On The Net in the end.

Damn these guitars are addictive. Lucky for me I didn't play one until this year when I bought the Flame Up and only because I wanted the graphic. Too late cause now I want more!!!

Comment

Well she arrived today and I got to say it's a nice axe! Well done Japan, comparing with my USA this is like the Jackson Pro Series of old. If the USA Pro Mods were eating into the Custom Shop I'm not sure how shifting production to Japan and providing equal quality at a lower price point AND a nice case is going to help.

Never mind, I'll take a Pro Mod any day of the week, they are fantastic value. Best thing that's happened since Fender took over.

A bit of tweaking ahead now, got her strung up with new 10-46 Slinky's and leaving overnight to let it settle. I love the case and can't wait to get another for my USA Pro Mod.

Must stop myself getting more of these!!

Comment

Im curious to know if the trem on your mij pro mod has any pull up? Iv'e only played one and it had zero pull up.

Comment

Just went and checked. It's floating and it does pull up a little, but not a lot. Might check my USA Pro Mod and the Bullseye for differences. Without comparing it seems that the neck sits higher over the body than the USA as the pickups seem raised, or that just might be me not being used to the direct mount pickups.

I barely ever do pull ups and it will most likely stay locked when I install the Tremol-no as I will also have a D-tuna on this.

Comment

so what are the specs on this one, Vic? H-H & 3-way? H-S-S? How about a pic? I'm sure many of us have never seen a black Charvel before
                Hail yesterday

Comment

It's a San Dimas so it's a H-H config with the 3 way toggle. My favourite combo! I think a black Charvel with maple neck is fairly common yes, lol....

I forgot how much fun it is to take off the neck to adjust the truss rod!!! Can't wait till that's over.

Comment

Working...
                  X