Model body ID needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model body ID needed

This body is being represented as a model 1a body. It has been modded with floyd posts, thats for sure. Im just not sure its a 1a body. It looks to me like kahler posts have been filled and the vtrem screwholes dont look like they are drilled. Like they are just marks in the paint where someone was going to drill them but didnt. The neck pocket has no info but judging from the paint in it, it has not been modded at all for neck tilt. So, what do you think? 1a or 86 model 2?

It's definitely not a 1A, because that was the model with a pickguard & 3 singles. So the choice is between Model 1 & '86 Model 2. Have you seen it in person to examine the screw holes, or just pics? Hard to be sure from just a pic because of the way digital cameras can fudge things sometimes.
    Last edited by dg; 08-14-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Doh! Yeah model 1 is what I meant. I have not seen it in person. I know its tough with the pics. I emailed the seller and he has not responded yet. He answered an earlier question I had but has not gotten back to me on this yet. What else would those other holes be? I was worried about the neck pocket cut. If it were a model 2 body would it be factory angled for neck tilt for the kahler floating trem? I want to put a vtrem on it.

Comment

If the price is right, I'd go ahead and get it. Worst case is that you might need to do a small shim at the bottom edge of the pocket to eliminate the angle for a v-trem setup.

Comment

So, now the guy has the neck up too. Guess what? Its a rosewood board and hes still saying ita from a model 1. I think its safe to assume that the body is indeed an 86 model 2 body. shouldnt the neck heel have a stamp on it?

Comment

Working...
          X