Predator...3 way or 5 way switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predator...3 way or 5 way switch?

Is the Predator supposed to have a 3 way or 5 way blade switch?

Thanks

5 way
    Last edited by Rich#6; 08-18-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Jackson Special 5-way switch, wired for some mix of split coils in positions 2 & 4, iirc.

Comment

Your are correct Mr.6. To OP, if you only want bridge/ bridge and neck/ neck, then just get a 3way. Otherwise, your looking at a mind boggling wiring procedure for all the, to me, useless extra settings they used the 5way for. Such as pups out of phase etc..

Edit: Seems I was a bit late here.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Here's the catalog page that describes each position:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n%2FPage26.jpg

I was wrong, 2 & 4 are parallel & parallel w/ filter according to what it says. The special switch can be really cool if both of your pickups are 4-conductor. There are a lot of cool possibilities, but like Twitch says, a 3-way is the way to go if you want simplicity.

Comment

Wow, thanks guys. Wiring does seem "mind boggling"!

OK - next question - did the Predators (and other import Charvels of that time) have the little wrench holder block on the back of the headstock?
            Last edited by singlehum; 08-19-2011, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Of all the model series guitars Ive owned, none of them had that on it. Out of all my import jacksons maybe 1 had it. Im guessing it was something that the dealer or store added or it came in the case candy or it was just a popular aftermarket item.

Comment

I special ordered my Predator new from MF in 1989 before they were bought by GC. They were still shipping out of a barn in Oregon and mine came with the 5 way switch and the wrench holder and a schaller trem stamped Charvel.

Comment

I think they started to come on the contemporary charvels. Never on the model series. Pretty sure my predators had them or at least the screw hole.

Comment

Interesting. I just checked the neck on my predator. Its a mutt, the neck is not reverse but it is toothpaste logo. Sure enough, it has the little wrench holder on it.

Comment

Ask him... (sorry it was to easy)

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                      X