Help ID Charvette? Japan or Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID Charvette? Japan or Korea?

I picked this up at local pawn shop for 100.00, from the research Ive done I THINK(not sure though) that it a 1st year production Charvette, it should have been made in JAPAN right? Serial is007294, and has the Ft Worth stamp on it, fire crackle orange/black, JT-6 trm, SSH all stamped Charvel, and the tuners are stamped Charvel as well, thanks in advance for the help bro's, rufkut

6 digit s/n indicates Japan factory.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

no pictures? c'mon man! sounds like a good deal on it
      Red JDR-94
      Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
      Duncan Invader pickups
      Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

ID Charvette

Thanks Racer X, were these solid wood? or plywood, as I have heard some were, can I put a Floyd(real) off of one of my Kramers on this and use the Jt-6 studs? thanks for the reply, rufkut
        Last edited by rufkut; 09-12-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

If it has the jt6 on it then yes on the floyd replacement. The plywood varied. My 22 fret HS model is solid wood but has the crappy floyd like trem on it. Other than that its a nice guitar.

Comment

ID Charvette

Thanks for the response on the Floyd Carbuff, I like the guitar and the way it plays, but not to keen on the JT=6, just feels weird to me, this guitar feels kinda heavy to me, think it might be plywood, but would they scallop the cutaway on the bottom horn on a plywood body? thanks again, rufkut

Comment

Check inside the control cavity and if you cant tell by that, the neck pocket will surely tell the story..

Comment

how would thr neck pocket tell? is is stamped or I am looking at the wood? thanks man,

Comment

Originally posted by rufkut View Post
                  I am looking at the wood?
                  You wood-looker you!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sanding the inside of the control cavity is what I usually do if I'm suspecting a plywoodie.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

OK cool, thanks for the tip, guys, I'll do it later today, and update the results, IF its plywood, anybody hot a fusion body they'd part with? The thought of playing a plywood body, kinda bums me out!! thanks rufkut

Comment

Working...
                      X